Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Bolt owners, i just leased a Bolt last weekend and am having some problem getting the car charged in the way i want. It came with about 100 miles of juice. i set the charging mode to off-peak only, departure 7am, so i figured that car would charge from 11pm to 7am; however, it only charged for about 4 hours and 15 minutes instead of the entire off-peak hours. I played around with settings again tonight, but it seemed that my Bolt does not want to charge for more than a little over 4 hours. Does anyone know why this happens? I would really appreciate your help.

Tony

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Dear Bolt owners, i just leased a Bolt last weekend and am having some problem getting the car charged in the way i want. It came with about 100 miles of juice. i set the charging mode to off-peak only, departure 7am, so i figured that car would charge from 11pm to 7am; however, it only charged for about 4 hours and 15 minutes instead of the entire off-peak hours. I played around with settings again tonight, but it seemed that my Bolt does not want to charge for more than a little over 4 hours. Does anyone know why this happens? I would really appreciate your help.

Tony
Did the Bolt show that it was fully charged in the morning? Do you have hilltop reserve set which charges to ~90%? You said you had 100 miles of range when you got it. If you had hilltop reserve mode on and started with ~100 miles of range, then it's not surprising that it only charged for about 4 hours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using the 110v charger that came with the car at 12amp, but the charge time is still around 4 hours no matter how i change the settings. Hill top is turned off. I still couldn't get it to charge for the entire 8 hours of off peak period.

·
Premium Member
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
281 Posts

Tony
While charging, if you are using 220 volts dryer plug outlet, you average 25 miles per hr charging.
The battery is charging until fully. Charged
It takes 10 hrs to fully charge an almost depleted battery
You need to invest in a L2 converter if you want to charge quicker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts