Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Bolt owners, i just leased a Bolt last weekend and am having some problem getting the car charged in the way i want. It came with about 100 miles of juice. i set the charging mode to off-peak only, departure 7am, so i figured that car would charge from 11pm to 7am; however, it only charged for about 4 hours and 15 minutes instead of the entire off-peak hours. I played around with settings again tonight, but it seemed that my Bolt does not want to charge for more than a little over 4 hours. Does anyone know why this happens? I would really appreciate your help.

Tony

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Dear Bolt owners, i just leased a Bolt last weekend and am having some problem getting the car charged in the way i want. It came with about 100 miles of juice. i set the charging mode to off-peak only, departure 7am, so i figured that car would charge from 11pm to 7am; however, it only charged for about 4 hours and 15 minutes instead of the entire off-peak hours. I played around with settings again tonight, but it seemed that my Bolt does not want to charge for more than a little over 4 hours. Does anyone know why this happens? I would really appreciate your help.

Tony
Did the Bolt show that it was fully charged in the morning? Do you have hilltop reserve set which charges to ~90%? You said you had 100 miles of range when you got it. If you had hilltop reserve mode on and started with ~100 miles of range, then it's not surprising that it only charged for about 4 hours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using the 110v charger that came with the car at 12amp, but the charge time is still around 4 hours no matter how i change the settings. Hill top is turned off. I still couldn't get it to charge for the entire 8 hours of off peak period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts