Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just submitted our paperwork at the local dealership for our new 2017 Bolt EV! Looking forward to it parked next to our other Bow-Ties! Also installing a second Clipper Creek HCS-60 charger in the garage (the first one powers our 2014 Volt).

I've been reading a lot today about the challenges you "VERY early adopters" have been encountering. Here's hoping Chevy has the bugs worked out, for all our sakes!

-john

Reactions: NY-Rob and DaV8or

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You came from the same car as I did... the 2014 Volt!

I have no doubt you'll love the Bolt, it's a blast to drive... and the package you chose (DCII) along with the Premier trim gives you tons of premium goodies to enjoy.

Congrats... I only feel bad that you have to wait for it to arrive.

PS- being that you're in AZ, you may want to order a sun shield for the Bolt. Autogeek has custom made shades for the Bolt, mine arrived today via fedex.
http://www.autogeek.net/heatshields.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip on the sun shade... yeah, we're already in the 90's out here... :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome! I couldn't wait so I imported one from CA. I far as I know there are two of us that have Bolts in AZ. It is a great car to drive. Also have a 2015 Volt that is the wife's car. Did they give you a delivery date?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
^ Well, the good thing for you is, like the Volt... the Bolt seems to love the heat! :p

Reactions: SteveCaz

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! I couldn't wait so I imported one from CA. I far as I know there are two of us that have Bolts in AZ. It is a great car to drive. Also have a 2015 Volt that is the wife's car. Did they give you a delivery date?
I went to Sands Chevrolet out in Surprise to make my order (between my wife and me plus my mother I think we've bought five cars from them). They said they have seven or eight folks in the queue in front of me. Don't have a delivery date yet but they are "rough quoting" five to six weeks. The order went in Tuesday AM to GM but strangely enough I don't have my confirmation code back yet. if I don't get it by tomorrow I'll be driving out to the dealership for a "chat". :) My wife drives our 2014 Volt to work as she can recharge for free in their parking garage during the day. My commute is 80 miles round-trip so the Bolt makes more sense for me.

The Tahoe PPV and Chevelle are for fun. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you do on pricing?
Haven't finalized yet... on a refundable down payment until the car comes in. I'm looking to lease the Bolt for two reasons:

1) We bought the Volt back in 2014 and took the HUGE depreciation hit the first year... didn't like that experience.

2) This being first year/first gen for the Bolt I'm figuring by the time a three-year/45,000 mile lease is over there will be a MCE or possibly next-gen Bolt by then so I'll just roll mine back and pick up a new one

In my past dealings Sands Chevrolet has been very fair with pricing on past transactions so I'm assuming the same here. I detailed the GM lease offer on their website and Sands said they would honor it to the penny.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Well, the good thing for you is, like the Volt... the Bolt seems to love the heat! :p
Yup... don't know of any electric cars utilizing Lithium-Ion battery tech that doesn't take a heck of a hit on range in cold weather. Even down here in our "winters" when we get down to the 20's or 30's overnight for a few weeks my wife was stunned at how much her Volt range was impacted by running the heater on the way into work. I remind her to start the car while it's still plugged in here at home to give the car a chance to warm up (battery thermo I mean) before she goes full-battery. That helps tremendously (when she remembers!)

My best round-trip range in our 2014 Volt is 53 miles (from our house in far north valley to downtown then back home). Not bad for a car rated at 38 miles range. My wife routinely gets 45-48 miles of electric in her daily commutes (our house to old town Scottsdale then back).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on the bolt. I would t worry too much about the "problems". No more or less than other models of any car that is a new model. One had battery problems but I have heard of a few ICE's that had bad engines or transmission also. Hope they are few and far between. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I must have seen the "other" Bolt in AZ in South Chandler a few weeks or so ago. Red one in a Sprouts parking lot coming in.

Congrats on your Kinetic Blue ... where did you import from if you don't mind? Assuming purchase rather than lease?

Really exited for you and to hear how the car does with the AZ summer.

(it was me that posted about the Courtesy test drive on the other forum) :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I bought from Auto Nation of Valencia. I am not endorsing them in anyway but I did get a very good deal. There are quite a few dealers in LA area with plenty of inventory. The first one I tried to buy was in Palm Springs. I don't think if you buy here you will pay below MSRP until at least until end of summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I also plan to lease (not buy) primarily due to depreciation reason, and also to get the latest in BEV space that will be available in 3 years once the lease is over. Waiting for a sub $300 lease to jump in. May have to import from CA for better leases, time will tell.
And hey I am in North Phoenix too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all - Yep, we are STILL awaiting our confirmation code from GM that our order has been received. Without the code we can't confirm the order, which means they can't start building. When I've ordered cars before the process was only a day, maybe two. We are on day four so far. Not bad overall but I'm wondering if there are limits GM is imposing to slow the order rate for the Bolt during ramp-up production?

Anyone else who ordered car see the same delay?

Still very excited to get her (eventually!). Clipper Creek confirmed my second HCS-60 is in the mail and now I need to get the electrical upgraded in my garage. Fun times!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone else who ordered car see the same delay?
There is a delay. I ordered March 3rd. Early April I was given the GM order number. Every time I reach out to them for an update all I hear is 'no build date has be set - check back in 2 weeks'. I know the dealer said it would/could take until June for delivery, but with the order being in for almost 2 months now, I would think that they should have an idea how many cars are ahead of mine and how many they produce per day...

Keep in mind, I'm in Canada, so your experience may be different.

·
Registered
168 Posts
To be fair, I think GM confirmed the order before I received the order number. I think that part was 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Technically AZ is May for order start. Got email from sales guy I had deposit with stating he was surprised I was able to get one in CA and that they have not yet started taking orders. I would say to be patient but I wasn't!!! ��

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do you know if Sands is a certified Bolt repair center yet?
You brought a good point which has me thinking that maybe this forum could use a thread dedicated to locating those certified repair centers.

Its just about the best way to help other current and potential owners like ourselves.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts