Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevrolet product manager, Shad Balch:

Finally, for curious minds, Chevrolet won’t offer too much variety with the Bolt EV. Balch stated most of the major options such as connectivity and creature comforts will be loaded at base-spec models.

“There will be some options, but the base car will have most of our content and connectivity features, including active safety features,” he remarked. “That will all be standard from the lower trim level.”

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/05/chevrolet-explains-how-the-2016-volt-and-2017-bolt-ev-cater-to-different-customers/#ixzz47nIJ9GhK

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Good news for us. I assumed Chevy would strip a lot of features from the base trim so they can charge more for the optional features. Would be great if they released a list of standard features soon, or better yet, open up the Bolt configurator.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hope to see more information soon too. I spoke with my dealer and he said they would call me as soon as they had ordering information for their initial stock. He told me he was at a training seminar and they had a red Bolt on display. It was locked, but he was very impressed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I hope to see more information soon too. I spoke with my dealer and he said they would call me as soon as they had ordering information for their initial stock. He told me he was at a training seminar and they had a red Bolt on display. It was locked, but he was very impressed.
Always good to hear the dealer very impressed. Would be great to hear that ordering information when you get it though !

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
And now we know that the Bolt is coming in red on top of the silver we've already seen. If they're already receiving training then we should be seeing more info about the Bolt trim levels soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It wasn't training for the Bolt so I wouldn't count on that. Hopefully though Chevy will "leak" more information and photos to generate more enthusiasm for the brand. I did see that Mary Barra confirmed that while sales of the Bolt would begin before the end of the year that the sale of the Bolt wouldn't roll out to the full market until 2017

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
We've haven't much lately but it'd be great to at least know how many trims there are or what colors we can choose from. They wouldn't want enthusiasm to wane in light of the Model 3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the base model having most features and limiting options in the first model year. Most pioneer buyers aren't that price sensitive and most want near-top-level trim packages anyway. I'd be fine with a "pioneer buyer program" seeding every state with fully loaded cars to highly motivated buyers... frankly I don't care about any trim or color as much as I care about delivery date.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I kind of wish they did what Scion did and make it mono spec, always thought that would be a good idea for EV's like the Bolt

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
scion was just testing the mono spec trim system to see if it would work on a larger scale like toyota. Guess they didn't profit as much from it compared to people adding them individually and I doubt Chevy will do the same.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Additional packages are just too profitable for a manufacturer to let go of so we won't be seeing it on the Chevy build page. that's fine since a large portion of the costs will be covered by whatever government incentive you get.

The lower trim level should already be well stocked in terms of features with the higher trim coming with things like leather seats and other luxury options.

·
Registered
786 Posts
GM posts their ordering pages a few months before the production begins. As an example, you can order a Hybrid Malibu now. We expect to see that page up before August, but many are hoping it will be up by June.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Another thing to do is check the media portal for Chevrolet, there might be some thing leading up to those days, maybe even before or right when the order pages open up. Just something I had to point out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paint Colors

Like ... a colour palette at least would be great. Gives you something to ponder about to build the excitement
I'm definitely excited to explore the final online configurator for the Bolt EV to see what's available. We've actually seen quite a few color possibilities already (orange, yellow, blue, red, white, silver). I assume metallic black and grey will be available, too, and maybe White Diamond and the stereotypical light green.

Given that the car is being produced at the Orion factory, it seems reasonable to assume colors will be very similar to what's offered for the 2017 Sonic, and that they'll be somewhat limited—like the Spark EV colors were.

I haven't seen a black interior picture yet, but I really hope they'll offer that. (I dislike the two-tone seat design and would hate to see how the white/light grey fares against blue jeans.)

Here are the colors I've seen so far:

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a follow-up, I'm hoping the following options are available: adaptive cruise control, power seats with memory, moonroof, power lift gate, tinted rear glass, storage bin for rear cargo area (making it level with folded seats for a truly "flat" load floor). My guess is none of those will be available except the last one.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that the GM engineers were able to match or beat the crash ratings of the Model S. Should be interesting to learn all these details in the next couple months!

·
Registered
263 Posts
The yellow paint is new to me, a bit too bright IMO.

As for the other options; adaptive cruise control won't be coming but I'm hoping the moonroof would be an option. It was seen on the concept model and a moonroof will open up the interior and make it feel larger on the inside.

Doubt it'll beat the Model S crash rating, that thing was so sturdy it broke the crash testing gear but somewhere close to that would be great for the Bolt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Keyless entry is my big want. HavIng used it for four years I don't want to go back to pulling keys from my pocket. As for as colors go I'm looking for a brighter color than the dark blue I have now. Dark colored cars get too darn hot this time of year.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts