Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was deserving of a mention; Bolt owners have collectively driven 4.5 million miles since it was first launched. That's from 3,492 Bolt EV owners as of April 2nd.

One person managed to get 310 miles on a single charge and GM Authority estimates that 175,000 gallons of fuel has been saved.

That's a lot of miles for a new vehicle that's still in the process of being rolled out across the country.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Now that is a lot of fuel saved. I love it! Deliveries haven't even reached everywhere yet so there's still much more saving to do, this is great.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, I'm sure you'll more than make up for it now that the great garage pole incident of 2017 is behind you. I think the numbers are so high because people are taking more road trips since electricity is cheaper than gas.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I thought this was deserving of a mention; Bolt owners have collectively driven 4.5 million miles since it was first launched. That's from 3,492 Bolt EV owners as of April 2nd.

One person managed to get 310 miles on a single charge and GM Authority estimates that 175,000 gallons of fuel has been saved.

That's a lot of miles for a new vehicle that's still in the process of being rolled out across the country.
I wonder if my 1200 miles since mid January is in their total.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For a second there, I thought that was your real license plate. :D
But how did Chevy get these Bolt mileage numbers? *puts on tin foil hat*

·
Registered
179 Posts
For a second there, I thought that was your real license plate.

But how did Chevy get these Bolt mileage numbers? *puts on tin foil hat*
5 years free onstar .... data is all right there. I probable collectible after also.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
With all this tech in these cars, it's really not that hard for them to collect the data from these vehicles over the air no problem

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
With all this tech in these cars, it's really not that hard for them to collect the data from these vehicles over the air no problem
...and that's a good thing, because it lets them see where problems lie so they can fix the production process, and it also lets them gather real-world usage statistics that they can then factor into their battery designs.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If my memory is correct, Tesla did this and continues to do it with many of their cars. But of course it had to start with Tesla, easier for a smaller company like that get to this first before the big guys especially when the main thing they play on is technology.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts