Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mostly in English, except for the second half of Part 3.

A couple of things I noticed:

The rearview mirror camera is equipped with a washer fluid sprayer to keep it clean.

In 48F weather, with the climate control set at 68F, the car shows 153 miles of range remaining with 53 miles travelled.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Great find! Smart of them to add some sort of cleaning mechanism for the rear camera, especially in the winter with all that salt and mud.

I would like to try the regenerative braking in the highest setting and at city speeds to see how long it takes to come to a complete stop. It's going to take a while to get used to.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've never driven a car with regenerative braking so it's going to take some getting used to and I'm gonna have to stop myself from stepping on the brakes all the time.

From what you saw, the Bolt has a range of 206 miles and that's with climate control on. Without it we could get even more range! So excited to test drive one myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think if you go for a test drive in the Volt and also try the paddle on the steering column, you will be impressed and love the regenerative braking and one pedal driving. I have an I-Miev with 3 different levels of regenerative. However it stops at 10mph so you need to switch to the brake. I think most everyone driving the Bolt will drive in Low. Using the steering column paddle will be a matter of personal preference. I tried it on the Volt and I am undecided on how much I will use it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It'd be great if chevy came out with a chart of sorts letting people like me know how much distance the regenerative braking system needs to come to a complete stop at 50-60mph. That's the general speed I usually drive at.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It'll just be a matter of practice when it comes to using the regenerative braking exclusively and as Cleaner said, just give the Volt a try first at the speeds you're used to driving. I highly doubt Chevy will come out with the chart you're looking for if they haven't done so already for the Volt.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It'd be great if chevy came out with a chart of sorts letting people like me know how much distance the regenerative braking system needs to come to a complete stop at 50-60mph. That's the general speed I usually drive at.
Too many variables.
SOC and battery temps will affect how much charge can be put into the battery (and therefore how much regen is available).

Plus, road grade, air temp, humidity, altitude, weather, wind speed, road conditions, drive mode, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts