Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new. I live in Bailey CO. Commute to Denver. Should be fun!

Already have my first appointment for dashboard fit issues (drivers side corner), and damage to the fabric under tray. It appears one of the car hauler jockeys may have had a ramp problem. I do the crawling under the car thing when I get a new car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
And my Bolt, purchased in Lakewood, Colo., has been superb in its first 1400 miles here in Silverthorne at 10000 feet. I kept the original tires on it, but will not drive it in very snowy conditions and perhaps next year will get snow tires. And while it was not strictly needed, I did get a Clipper Creek charger for the garage. Works great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Service appointment complete. They need to order dash parts, and that fabric/composite under tray shield. I will be back to the dealer in a week or two. I did get the 14.4.2 software update. I ended up installing the Siemens charger. I already had a L6-50R in my garage for a welder. 600 miles and mechanically all is good.

·
Registered
314 Posts
And I was looking at the tax credit for next year to advise someone. It stays the same here. And it appears that Colo. has the most generous tax credit for EVs in the country. We do have to pay a $50 annual tax and I looked into that. 30 goes into the highway fund and 20 goes into a fund to help support EV cars (maybe to offset that 5000).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Passed the 1000 mile mark today. All good. 3F this morning. Cold temperatures, traveling to my house roughly 3000ft elevation gain, puts a big dent in the battery level. A 33 mile drive uses 60 to 80 miles of battery. The flip side is on the way in to town, I have more miles than what I started with. Still waiting for my first electric bill.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixing the left part of the dash is turning out to be a big deal. The dealer had my car for two days. Dash parts were replaced, but still do not fit properly. Dealer is consulting with GM. Next try is to order more dash parts. Then remove the doors and the entire dash/cluster/stuff. Then adjust a brace. Once the parts come in the dealer says they will need the car for several more days.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I ended up installing the Siemens charger. I already had a L6-50R in my garage for a welder. 600 miles and mechanically all is good.
I love my Siemens VersiCharge and you will love yours. It is simple, reliable, and portable. I made an extension cord adapter (6-50 outlet to 14-50 plug w/10-2+G wire), turning every RV Park 14-50 (including all KoA Kampgrounds) receptacle in the country into a possible Level-2 charging spot. Safe driving.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made to 5K miles.
Purchase Date: 12/11/2017
Commute Distance: 46.4 miles one way

Miles are starting to add up. I am disappointed with the build quality. Bolt back to the dealer for 15 days dealing with various build issues. Rear hatch alignment - Rear hatch contacting the body on drivers side. Needed to go to a body shop. Dash alignment - Entire dash leaning down towards driver side. Dash would not snap in place. Entire dash needed to be removed and shimmed. Dash parts are connected properly but it still is not 100% correct and I have a nice rattle. Paint quality - Many places very dull, almost like the paint was not evenly applied, entire car "buffed". Damage to bottom - Most likely a car hauler problem. Bottom fabric shield replaced. Blind spot mirror sensors needed the shield. And I am the proud owner of a Gen 1 battery. It is difficult to be evangelical about the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sorry to hear that you've had a not-so-good experience with your Bolt so far. Hope your dealer gets to fix everything on your list. On the bright side, that bumper-to-bumper warranty is pretty awesome.

Just curious, what was the manufacture date of your vehicle?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The build date of my car is 03/2017.

I do not want to whine about it too much, but for me this is an expensive car. I expected better from GM. But maybe my expectations are too high. Doubtful I will ever own another GM vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts