Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Bolt come with a tire inflator kit? Mine did not. I went back to the dealership today to inquire after purchasing the vehicle last week. I requested for the sales manager, but spoke with my sales rep, who could not help me. He said that the vehicle did not come with an inflator, rather, the tires are self-sealing. I told him that it was listed as Standard on the website, but he did not believe me. I requested to speak to the manager again.

The manager came out and I reiterated the situation. He sided with the sales rep and said that the item was not on the window sticker, which I had brought along with me. I brought out my phone and showed him the Chevrolet website, which showed the attached image. He had to Google for LPO because he did not know what it stood for. I did not know either since it was not defined on the web page. He found that it meant Limited Production Option. He said that it means that it does not come with the inflator. He also said that he lost thousand of dollars from the sale of my car and where was he going to get money for the tire inflator kit. He said that there is nothing left to be said, so I got up and left without saying anything. :mad: I had no leverage since I already signed the prior week and the deal was done.

This is my first time dealing with Chevrolet. Is this the level of service I should be expecting? I should have known when the first 2 sales reps failed the sale even before the test drive last week. They thought the Bolt had options for power seats and sun roofs. They also thought that there was only one color available for the seats, as well as other misinformation regarding the vehicle. The sales manager was very apologetic and found someone else that I could work with. It's funny how they change their tune when the deal is done.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant. Right now, the missing tire kit is trivial. I am now more concerned with the level of treatment and service by the Chevy dealership. :confused:

miked1541

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
The process for "LPO" dealer installed option on Bolt EV may be messed up. It involves the dealer's Parts department, Sales/order dept and Service dept to get it all done. The LPO SD4 tire inflator kit was supposedly "standard" in Canada because of winter tire law in Quebec. Mine didn't have it, perhaps it was removed I could see the dealer had messed around where the 120v cord is stored. Also I paid for the LPO Aluminum Sill Plates (SG1?) on my final bill of sale. Six weeks later they haven't shown up either.

This gripe has faded into the background as the vehicle itself is outstanding.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Is there another Chevy dealership you can deal with when needed? You may not have purchased your Bolt there, but servicing your car when needed will still bring the other dealership some income.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I moved from Ontario to BC a few years back, I "shopped around" for a dealer that didn't annoy me to no end. I can get pretty pissed when I feel I am being jerked around and then if they start "your just a female, let the men talk honey" attitude, I can become a bit of a ***** (since I'm the one that knows everything about the **** car since it's mine) Ugh dealers annoy me so much. Anyway, the point here is that yes some dealers are really bad with customer service and I as well find that once the deal is done the rest of the departments fail really bad in holding up their end of the deals. But I shopped around until I found a dealer that attempts to assist me and seems genuine about it from all of their departments. I must say I do miss my dealer in Ontario, everyone there was awesome from start to finish. Oh well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Inflator

When I shopped around for a Bolt, many of the vehicles were equipped with the inflators at an extra charge of ~120 USD. After reading the poor reviews of their effectiveness, extremely poor documentation and the fact the car has run flat tires, I decided to go the other way and specifically request their omission. I lucked out and found the car I wanted. So, at least in my case it was an option, but the dealers make the decision unless you want to order a car. My auto insurance also covers flat tires I discovered (I.e. Roadside assistance and so does Chevy while under warranty).

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Does the Bolt come with a tire inflator kit? Mine did not.
This is probably of little help to you, but for anyone else reading the thread: this is exactly why you need to do a thorough inspection of the car before you sign on the dotted line. The sales people are usually much more responsive to issues like this if a big wad of money is being dangled before them. It's a good idea to bring a checklist of things to verify at the dealership before you pay your money and drive away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everybody, for your feedback! I'm going to add this one to my "lessons learned" in regards to dealing with car dealerships and sales people in general. I thought I had been thorough with my homework and my car buying kung fu was good enough, but I guess there were GAPs (lol, bad joke. I did not get GAP insurance.)

I am going to check with another dealership that is close by for the servicing. Chevy should update their web page to show the inflator kit as "Available" and not "Standard," to avoid confusion.

BTW, I am in the Los Angeles Area. I need to set my location in my profile. Sorry about that.

miked1541

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my Bolt Premier last week and managed to convince the dealership that the tire inflator was missing. They ordered it for me at their expense and it came in Friday.!

·
Registered
592 Posts
My car came with it, basically I think it was their 'fully loaded' Bolt with everything they could sign up for (Premier with all the options and then some and happened to be in the color I wanted). It sat around the lot since springtime until I came along, they gave it to me for some $5k off MSRP. Now they just stock LT's.

Anyhow at $100 it's expensive for what it is, but it does come with a custom styro cutout for the lower well.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My car came with it, basically I think it was their 'fully loaded' Bolt with everything they could sign up for (Premier with all the options and then some and happened to be in the color I wanted). It sat around the lot since springtime until I came along, they gave it to me for some $5k off MSRP. Now they just stock LT's.

Anyhow at $100 it's expensive for what it is, but it does come with a custom styro cutout for the lower well.

Nope! Bolt's DO NOT come with the inflator. My Bolt is a loaded premier and when it came
and was unloaded, I drove it into my stall and did the PDI myself. I've done the PDI's on both
the LT and Premier versions. Non of these cars came with the inflation kit :(

·
Registered
989 Posts
I didn?t say Bolts in general come with it, apparantly just ones where the dealer special ordered it, such as mine. Makes me wonder if they could accessorize it, say with all weather mats.
Yes, they can order certain items made available. I have done PDI's with the all weather mats,
aluminum door sill applique and cargo net delivered to the parts department for the car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes, they can order certain items made available. I have done PDI's with the all weather mats,
aluminum door sill applique and cargo net delivered to the parts department for the car.
The main Chevy dealer in my town is awful, they have a terrible reputation and play old school hardball, but I didn't want to drive a long distance to get a Bolt. So I was fortunate to find this one waiting for me in a nearby town. It had a small scratch on the shifter but I was happy enough to find it I didn't fuss. I'll be more methodical for the next new car I buy (a BEV) - previous to now I've always gotten older cars (only owned 2-3 cars, we run them forever).

I have accessorized it too but just ordered after the fact from the dealership; the upgraded cargo cover, black bowties, all weather mats, sun shade and the custom Bolt license frames. Installed all myself, they would do the bowties and cover for $80 which is pretty reasonable.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts