Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Lol, I wish I had a sign I could put in the window that says HI BOLT :)
I have done this before, or parked near one and it always makes me smiile

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
You wouldn't be able to put two RAMS nose to nose like that. The resulting head butting would destroy the front end.
Even worse would be large pick up trucks/SUVs that leave their trailer hitch ball attached, encroaching into to the other parking spot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thunder has not been getting much of a workout between working from home and staying home. Nowhere to go anyway.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thunder has not been getting much of a workout between working from home and staying home. Nowhere to go anyway.
Rusty hasn't gotten a lot of exercise either. But then I'm on a low mileage (12k/yr) lease, so I'm just as glad. I picked her up on 8 March this year, and she's got less than 2000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Let alone CoViD...I have only had my Bolt for a year now. 4 MONTHS of that I couldn't get out of the driveway due to snow and ice. My crappy ol' 4WD ICEV had to be in service.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You couldn't drive your Bolt in snow and ice, or you wouldn't drive your Bolt in snow and ice?
My driveway is kinda steep and windy and off-camber turns. I didn't get proper snow tires as I hadn't anticipated it to be a pure glare ice skating rink. I had more expected the traction one can oddly get on snow. My 4WD had a wild ride flailing around getting up the hill too but it made it. The Bolt would just spin. Traction on or off, D or L, slow or give 'er. Not a chance. So there it sat. Plugged in. From sometime in December 'til sometime in April.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
266 Posts
Love the blue color. So vivid and rare in my area and it looks really nice there!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My driveway is kinda steep and windy and off-camber turns. I didn't get proper snow tires as I hadn't anticipated it to be a pure glare ice skating rink. I had more expected the traction one can oddly get on snow. My 4WD had a wild ride flailing around getting up the hill too but it made it. The Bolt would just spin. Traction on or off, D or L, slow or give 'er. Not a chance. So there it sat. Plugged in. From sometime in December 'til sometime in April.
The Great White North, eh?😉

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Bolt is perfect for life on the Olympic Peninsula. Doesn’t get really cold (below 35-40 F) that often and the average high in the summer is around 68 F. Plenty of hilly country for regen. We’re further north than everybody except for a few Mainers and I can see Victoria, BC, from our deck.

·
Registered
894 Posts
That's a shame because if you could get up that driveway, the Bolt performs remarkably well in snow and ice. I put some good snow tires on it and never have a problem. Combined with the ability to preheat and the heated seats/steering wheel, the Bolt is a joy to drive in winter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I often wave to other Bolts but have never received a wave back. I feel like we're a small community that has more in common with each other than the typical ICE driver. It's meant to be like the biker wave which is done to recognize our passion for riding, in this case it's the passion for EVs!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts