Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I love the small size of my Prius C and especially its amazingly small turning radius. I'll miss that when I go to the Bolt.
Hence why I want Cadillac to get on this since they can justify bringing in 4 wheel steering or something advanced for city driving and overall driving. Not as easy for chevy when building a product for mass appeal and things like this just don't make sense.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think the Bolt may look shorter because of the stubbier looking nose. Sitting in a line like that makes me like how the Bolt looks even more, especially the black line going from the front to the back.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the Bolt may look shorter because of the stubbier looking nose. Sitting in a line like that makes me like how the Bolt looks even more, especially the black line going from the front to the back.
I know, right? From the first time I saw Mary Barra drive a Bolt onto a stage from one of those events, I knew it was my next car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I love the small size of my Prius C and especially its amazingly small turning radius. I'll miss that when I go to the Bolt.
With a 2' island and not swinging out I can't do a u turn from one lane to the lane the opposite direction easy. Is the Prius THAT much tighter?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
With a 2' island and not swinging out I can't do a u turn from one lane to the lane the opposite direction easy. Is the Prius THAT much tighter?
The specs say that the Bolt's turning circle is 35.5 feet, while the Prius C is 31.4 feet - over 4 feet tighter. Considering there's only a 2 inch difference in the wheelbase it seems like GM just didn't allow as much turn in the front wheels. Perhaps the packaging of the "engine" compartment (along with equipment such as the charger) was such that they didn't have the clearances for it.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
And this is probably a good place to post this photo that shows just how similar the layout of the Prius C and Bolt actually are:

·
Registered
179 Posts
The specs say that the Bolt's turning circle is 35.5 feet, while the Prius C is 31.4 feet - over 4 feet tighter. Considering there's only a 2 inch difference in the wheelbase it seems like GM just didn't allow as much turn in the front wheels. Perhaps the packaging of the "engine" compartment (along with equipment such as the charger) was such that they didn't have the clearances for it.
I know. I looked up the specs. Get in and drive then let me know. It's plenty tight if a turnin radius. That was the point.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Is it worth it to go for the Prius because of a tighter turn radius? There's so much more going for the Bolt EV than simple a tight u-turn.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Is it worth it to go for the Prius because of a tighter turn radius? There's so much more going for the Bolt EV than simple a tight u-turn.
No, it's not worth it, the Prius is weak.

But a good turning radius is a great feature. The Prius has it, and the Bolt does not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I own a Prius C and from my short sit down in the Bolt at the auto show, you can definitely tell the Bolt is longer once you sit inside. There is significantly more leg room in the back seat. I could put the drives seat in a position for myself and there was still ample leg room in the rear drivers side for myself to sit. This is not an easy feat for many small vehicles. Also up front, in the Prius C, I could use more leg room on the drivers side . With the Prius C, I am maxed out on reward travel of the seat and feel like I could use a bit more, where in the Bolt, I believe that I would be comfortable with it one or two clicks forward.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Not in my opinion. While I love the tight turning radius of my Prius C, I just have to make do when I drive my Plymouth Grand Voyager. The Bolt will be closer to the former than the latter, so I'm not complaining (much).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts