Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Bolt Wheels

25K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  heisian 
#1 ·
Here is my new 2017 Bolt with TSW 18 X 8 Wheels and Super Sticky Bridgestone RE71R - 225/40/18 Tires .. Handle's a lot better that stock.. Plus it's a lighter package.. Now if I can just get a lowering spring set for it a 1" drop would be perfect.. I'll be all set ...

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Its possible that the structure of the car uses existing parts from GM's parts bin, I would guess that most of the front end parts are from a Chevy Cruze.

You could go to GM parts direct look up the part number for the front springs/struts, then cross match them with existing cars in the GM lineup.

If the springs cross with a Cruze Impala, Camaro, then all you need to do is find lowering springs for a Cruze etc.

#10 ·
No Tire squeal from start in sport mode ..It just hooks up and fly's.. The ride is the same..A bit more road noise from the fatter tires... Same range.. But what ever negatives and I can't find any.. the car handle's sooo much better.. I'll check on the cruze springs.. that may work ..Eibach makes a kit for the Cruze...

#11 ·
No Tire squeal from start in sport mode ..It just hooks up and fly's..
I suspected as much. You probably have a sub 5.5 sec. 0-60 Bolt there.

The Bolt weighs 3600 lbs, The Cruze weighs in at just about 3,000 lbs...so I seriously doubt the suspension parts are compatible. The weight difference would require much stronger springs for the Bolt. The upside, like you mentioned is that heavier cars ride about the same with less tire sidewall on larger wheels. At least from my experience.

Geography plays a part in tire/wheel modification decisions. Here in the desert SouthWest; no rain, no snow, no road salt = no pot holes or bad roads to consider.

#14 ·
:)Good job. I love a good set of aftermarket wheels and tires on my vehicles. I've spent a lot in the past. With the Bolt being a small market, I don't see a lot of aftermarket wheels coming available. I like my Bolt Premier wheels well enough to keep them as is. I'm being forced to show restraint.

#16 ·
Many other car wheels fit the Bolt, you search bolt circle pattern 105mm and the backspacing 40+, (not sure on the correct backspace but close is fine) to find wheels from other car models that fit Bolt, once you find another cars wheels you like check the numbers, chances are if it has a 105 bolt circle it works.

Changing the wheels gives the car a new look, I love using wheels off other cars on my cars just to make them look a bit different.

Some of the wheels that I am positive that fit are, Chevy Cruze, Spark, Trax, then Buick Encore, Pontiac Solstice (?) also has the same bolt pattern.

TPMS sensors, This season I will use my old sensors from the 2015 Trax, those were also used on a 2016 Buick Encore they are compatible with the Bolt.

#15 ·
Looks good, I like the black on silver color scheme, and the fitment looks good as well (flushed out with the fender flares).

I wouldn't bother with the Cruze coils though. The Bolt is significantly heavier than the Cruze so while they may physically fit the spring rate will be all wrong.

#19 ·
****. I didn't know you could get 18"s for the Bolt. Also, where'd you get those caliper covers? I used to think people just got them painted.

#22 · (Edited)
Thank you very much for sharing information and pictures of your new wheels; they look great on your car - silver w/black wheels is quite a nice look. I have seen these wheels on EV Mods' web site, and considered buying a set. I just bought my first bolt, and I like how it looks, but I would like better road-handling performance. Even though my Bolt is red, and I would go for the silver face version of this wheel, your pictures help me envision how my car would look. Again, your silver Bolt with black wheels looks fantastic. Thanks again for posting this topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.