Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Sorry to see this. I guess all the back up aids in the world, other than the car parking itself can really help. The good news is, it's a relatively easy fix and there is no major damage to the car. You should have this turned around and back in perfect shape pretty quick.

Your wife must feel awful. Cars can be fixed, wives are forever. Treat her well.

My wife once did a twofer. She decided to move my Ford Econoline van, a vehicle she had no experience with and the biggest thing she had ever driven. Well, she ran it into her own car and damaged both. No point in getting mad. Both vehicles were fixed and we laugh about it now. She still gives me brownie points for not yelling at her.;)

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Aargh. That's gonna probably take a while to get fixed due to parts availability. Sorry to see.
Hopefully Chevy launched with a spare parts supply, but you might be right. At least it can still be driven while they wait for parts.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I managed to do a ghetto fix till I can get it to an adjuster to estimate the damage.
Still, :(
Need a new bumper cover, new left rear wheel well cover, new left rear tail light, and possibly a new lower bumper cover (black one) too.

I bet there is a restriction on parts ordering due to the Bolt still being very new, so it's probably a dealer-only fix.

Luckily all the lights and everything still work. Just a flesh would I guess, but still..... :(

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's actually a pretty good ghetto fix. At least it's just plastic bits and nothing needs to be realigned or anything. Live and learn.

Also, now's the perfect time to slap on one of these if you've always wanted to do so.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Darn.. that must be extremely frustrating. A lot more to be replaced there than I thought. Interested to hear what the adjuster comes up with as a number for those parts though.

This is real tough to look at :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to hear about the incident, but as folks have said, it's fixable! And (selfish chuckle) thanks for being the first one to sustain damage. Now the rest of us won't feel quite so bad when that first (inevitable) ding occurs on our cars!

·
Registered
735 Posts
This was probably the best case scenario, just imagine if it was the tail light.
Keep us posted on what the process is like to get the bumper cover repaired.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Tell your wife that's not what you meant when you suggested she take up pole dancing!!!

Reactions: leocal11

·
Registered
110 Posts
Believe it or not i have had bumper damage already also.
Stupid young neighbor hit a car parking and pushed it into my Bolt.
Had a paint scratch that was too deep for the touch up paint.
Long story short: Dealer recommended shop, shop removed and repainted entire bumper, total time out, one week.
And yes, if new parts have to be ordered, they said it would have taken linger.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the adjuster took a look at my Bolt. Here's his findings:

Replace:
Bumper cover (part #42541646 ) - $464.98
Lower bumper cover (42340822) - $234.99
Left taillight assembly (42555651)- $364.99
Backup lamp combo assembly (42529922) - $125.23
Bolt EV badge (42547571) - $17.58
Left rear wheel liner (95429677) - $75
Labor - $1,431
Total = $2,727

·
Registered
735 Posts
Believe it or not i have had bumper damage already also.
Stupid young neighbor hit a car parking and pushed it into my Bolt.
Had a paint scratch that was too deep for the touch up paint.
Long story short: Dealer recommended shop, shop removed and repainted entire bumper, total time out, one week.
And yes, if new parts have to be ordered, they said it would have taken linger.
You got the best case scenario since you actually know who did it and it was just paint. Imagine if it was a hit and run and a panel or bumper was damaged so bad that you have to wait over a month for the entire process to finish... not fun.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So the adjuster took a look at my Bolt. Here's his findings:

Replace:
Bumper cover (part #42541646 ) - $464.98
Lower bumper cover (42340822) - $234.99
Left taillight assembly (42555651)- $364.99
Backup lamp combo assembly (42529922) - $125.23
Bolt EV badge (42547571) - $17.58
Left rear wheel liner (95429677) - $75
Labor - $1,431
Total = $2,727

yikes! sorry for the mishaps !

just blame it on the bolt like this other dude with the "garage incident" lol

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:

The dealership got the parts they needed to repair my Bolt....but they said while removing the lower taillight that's in the lower bumper area, they cracked it, so they need the insurance company to authorize a supplemental claim. As such, no work can continue until my insurance company approves the supplemental claim. :mad:

I was hoping the Bolt would be ready in time for my trip to Shenandoah this weekend, but now fat chance of that. Ugh.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I can take the blame for this, recall saying you're lucky the tail light didn't get messed up and now here we are. Sorry to hear, even harder to deal with this when on a community with active owners.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts