Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Bolt Group, this looks like a great informative group. We?ve had our Bolt LT for a week and are loving it. I?m interested to see how our cold Vermont weather effects efficiency. Still running with a L1 charger.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I'm also still using the charger that came with the Bolt, although I've added a 240V/15A breaker to the panel in my garage wired to a standard 120V socket so that I can charge at 240V/12A. For about $25.00 in parts it works great.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to spend the fair bit of money needed to upgrade the underground line to my detached garage in order to get a full 32A charger...

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I'm also still using the charger that came with the Bolt, although I've added a 240V/15A breaker to the panel in my garage wired to a standard 120V socket so that I can charge at 240V/12A. For about $25.00 in parts it works great.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to spend the fair bit of money needed to upgrade the underground line to my detached garage in order to get a full 32A charger...

Yeah. We were just fine, most of the time, with the portable EVSE, running on 240 volts. If we lived near a DC fast charger, for a quick top up, for unanticipated long drives, I wouldn't have bothered getting a JuiceBox.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The coldest weather I drove in was 29 to 36F; the energy efficiency was 3.2 mi/kWh, which is 32% lower than my 5-month average (4.7 mi/kWh) and 36% lower than on the same route in optimal conditions (5.1 mi/kWh)

Cold weather absolutely murders the range. Try clicking on my Fuelly banner to see the history of juice-ups. Fuelly doesn't have kWh, so interpret the "mpg" as mi/kWh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts