Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...have had a crazy Orange Bolt (Premium) for a month. Have put about 1500 miles on it. First of all, the thing is cool. I suppose Bolt owners are kept humble by the Chevy insignia on the car, but know that this is one case where you don't judge 'the book' by its label. I love the no emissions, long range, quickness, functionality of the electronics, safety features, and never visiting a gas station again! I commute about 50 miles a day, and add another 50 miles or more over the weekend. I can Level 2 charge at work for a couple of hours each weekday, so my energy expenses are pretty minimal. Still, I am having an AV Level 2 charger installed at home because I can imagine situations where it could be necessary (not to mention add to the value of the home looking forward). The driver's front seat is less than ideal (at least in my Premium model), and I hope Chevy comes up with a reasonable fix for it. This car does not deserve this weakness in view of its great virtues. I purchased a thin seat pad I saw recommended on this forum. It may help a bit, but seat construction/ergonomics is the issue, and I don't think secondary market seat pads will fix that. I purchased all-weather mats from Chevy. The weather mat for the driver's floor does not cover the foot rest. Probably will look for a solution to that some day. I note the dashboard reflection in the windshield at times, but hey...I live in Seattle so sun glare is not a huge issue! These things said, I really like the car, and I am proud to own it. On its own merits, it a a very good vehicle...so good that I forget about the ,no emissions, part sometimes. You add that in, and wow! I hope the Bolt takes...I am starting to feel sorry for ICE car drivers.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome Poet! I love my orange Bolt too! There is a member here that will sell you a cover for the "dead pedal". The seat is what it is. Don't expect Chevy to announce a "fix" for the seat. It won't happen.

My prediction is that there will be a new seat introduced when the Buick version of the Bolt is released. (2019?) When that happens, it may be possible to retrofit older Bolts with these new seats.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Welcome aboard! Your concerns are all ones we have had, with multiple solutions floating around in this Forum. You can buy a dead foot rest pad (~$30) from one of the Forum members. I made my own (as did many others) with a $5 stair tread from Harbor Freight and $3 worth of 2" Velcro tape from Walmart. It looks great and functions well. Seat and dashboard alterations abound in these pages. You will never regret purchasing the Level 2 EVSE. I have the VersiCharge and LOVE it. Good luck. Share your experiences as you gain familiarity with your new EV!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the Bolt Family in Seattle

I am also in Seattle (well Snoqualmie). I will be one of the Mosaic Black ones running around South Lake Union. Welcome to the Group.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awesome, I'm in the north end in a white LT.
I stuffed 1 inch foam under the seat and it's good now. I have the left foot dead pedal. Waiting to get good all weather floor mats to come out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seat stuffing

"I stuffed 1 inch foam under the seat and it's good now."

I am far from handy, did you do this yourself or have an upholster do it? Leather or cloth seat? I can live with the seat, but it is distracting. Thanks!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Easy way would be to get a seat pad you can put on top. Sometimes its best to stick to solutions as simple as that if that's what you're comfortable with. I did it before on other cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts