Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to the Bolt with a transition from a WRX STi. Believe I might be the second or third in the area. Overtaking Sudbury might be an overstatement but it's a start.
Managed to score one from London Ont. after no help from the local dealer on Falconbridge road. Picked it up on March 9th & drove it from London to Sudbury that afternoon with a DCFC in Port Severn. Doubt it could have been done in one of the other EV's in the time frame I did it in apart from one of those unaffordable & unobtainable T cars.
Loving the car so far, but then again, still in the lust phase of the relationship. It's nice to be able to blow by a gas station and not have to get upset at the gas prices anymore.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Congrats ! Coincidentally I could have ordered one with guaranteed allotment slot in London, ON 15 months back. You have to go where the Bolts are ! Dealership doesn't matter because you don't have to go back for anything anyway. You just need to get off their contact list and get them to quit sending you oil change specials:p

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It's nice to be able to blow by a gas station and not have to get upset at the gas prices anymore.
Preach it!

Also, no more touching those nasty gas handles covered in everyone else's germs. I can handle dirt, moss, and rain on my EVSE handle, but watching someone sneeze, wipe their nose with their palm, then handle the gas nozzle before I pulled up to refuel...*shudders*

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Preach it!

Also, no more touching those nasty gas handles covered in everyone else's germs. I can handle dirt, moss, and rain on my EVSE handle, but watching someone sneeze, wipe their nose with their palm, then handle the gas nozzle before I pulled up to refuel...*shudders*
Preaching has already begun to a mostly captivated audience.
We'll see how many convert though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My sister in-law just ordered a BOLT. She had the same experience with Cross Town Chevrolet. They had no interest and were of zero use. She then called South Side Chevrolet. They said they are in the process of becoming certified to sell them (said it should be soon) but in the mean time referred her to their sister dealer in North Bay. They were happy to place an order and said it should take 6-8 weeks.

We are just waiting to test drive a BOLT that the leader of the Greater Sudbury EV Association (Devin) received then will be placing an order. So that's two more for Sudbury! You can check out GSEVA on Facebook. He is starting to have monthly meetings with EV folks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our experience with Bolts down south is that its 'click bait'. Their website shows one on the lot to get you to call but its not really true.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My sister in-law just ordered a BOLT. She had the same experience with Cross Town Chevrolet. They had no interest and were of zero use. She then called South Side Chevrolet. They said they are in the process of becoming certified to sell them (said it should be soon) but in the mean time referred her to their sister dealer in North Bay. They were happy to place an order and said it should take 6-8 weeks.

We are just waiting to test drive a BOLT that the leader of the Greater Sudbury EV Association (Devin) received then will be placing an order. So that's two more for Sudbury! You can check out GSEVA on Facebook. He is starting to have monthly meetings with EV folks.
I called Southside too and referred me to Darren in North Bay. Couldn't be more helpful but was unable to produce a Bolt either in the time frame I was looking for. I hope Southside do get certified as I have heard horror stories about Crosstown's service as well.
Hope the 6-8 weeks works for your sister in law as all the dealers I called, couldn't tell me when they could get one in 2018, if in fact they could.
I got lucky finding mine. It had been sold twice already but financing fell through on both occasions. Can highly recommend calling Jody at Finch Chevrolet in London. She was awesome, as were the rest of the people I dealt with there.
I'd be happy to let you test drive mine too. Just let me know. Will check the Facebook page out as well.
Good luck and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the Bolt.
Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey there! It's Devin from the GSEVA (gsevassociation.ca) - awesome that you got a Bolt! I've got an orange one a couple of weeks ago and love it. :)

Feel free to sign up for our Facebook - we are having regular monthly meetings and have some events planned for this summer.

SouthSide does want to become Bolt certified, but I believe they need to sell a certain amount of Volts before they are eligible. They have been selling quite a few Volts, though! I ended up ordering from TrueNorth in North Bay last November - they were awesome to deal with and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Brand new to the Bolt with a transition from a WRX STi. Believe I might be the second or third in the area. Overtaking Sudbury might be an overstatement but it's a start.
Managed to score one from London Ont. after no help from the local dealer on Falconbridge road. Picked it up on March 9th & drove it from London to Sudbury that afternoon with a DCFC in Port Severn. Doubt it could have been done in one of the other EV's in the time frame I did it in apart from one of those unaffordable & unobtainable T cars.
Loving the car so far, but then again, still in the lust phase of the relationship. It's nice to be able to blow by a gas station and not have to get upset at the gas prices anymore.
Nice from a wrx sti , im coming from a g35 coupe still have it now as a track car tho. welcome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey there! It's Devin from the GSEVA (gsevassociation.ca) - awesome that you got a Bolt! I've got an orange one a couple of weeks ago and love it. :)

Feel free to sign up for our Facebook - we are having regular monthly meetings and have some events planned for this summer.

SouthSide does want to become Bolt certified, but I believe they need to sell a certain amount of Volts before they are eligible. They have been selling quite a few Volts, though! I ended up ordering from TrueNorth in North Bay last November - they were awesome to deal with and I have no complaints.
Hi Devin.
Already signed up and will be keeping an eye out for upcoming events.
I hope Southside do get their certification and soon. Especially with the recall work that will now be required. I've heard multiple horror stories with Crosstown's service department as well. I'd sooner travel to North Bay to have the work done if Southside are not ready in time.
Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
I just noticed this thread. I ran into the back of a car, on my 1967 Triumph Bonneville, in Sudbury, Ontario, on my way back from the Montreal World's Fair. I remember the big nickel, and the moonlike landscape. It would be worth crashing again, to be that young. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just noticed this thread. I ran into the back of a car, on my 1967 Triumph Bonneville, in Sudbury, Ontario, on my way back from the Montreal World's Fair. I remember the big nickel, and the moonlike landscape. It would be worth crashing again, to be that young. :)
Haha well the moon landscape has been replaced by a lot of green!
@Steve thanks for signing up, I would rather drive to North Bay as well... unless somehow SouthSide can get away with doing the recall work...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.