Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Bolt EV in July and had not seen one on the road other than EV meetups until a week ago. The Wife and I took a trip to the eastern shore last Friday and on the way home we stopped at the Chesapeake house rest stop on 95. When I pulled up to the free DC fast chargers there was another Bolt silver blue there charging. I spoke to him after relieving myself as he was standing next to it. Then on Monday morning a black Bolt got in front of me on ride to work for a couple miles then I turned. Then on the way home today I got behind a dark blue Bolt near where I work and it was in front of me till about a mile from home. When it rains it pours.:nerd:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went several months without seeing any.
Then, a few weeks back, I saw a white one!
Then, a week ago, I was sandwiched between two of them. Another white one and a blue one.
Then, last Friday, my exact same color showed up in my rear view mirror!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Saw a dark blue Bolt in the Saunders-Monticello Trail Parking lot this afternoon. Was it anybody on here? I was riding my cargo bike home. I ride the hiking/biking trail to get over that side of of the mountain. That side has no shoulders, steep drop-offs, distracted tourists, and angry commuters. It is one of the worst parts of the Trans America Bike Route.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
249 Posts
So funny, all the GIG cars here are Bolts so I see maybe a dozen whenever I go somewhere. What’s rare is seeing a Bolt with an actual owner. Those are hard to find here, but. I usually see a few when I head to SF.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
It's still a surprise to see another Bolt here in Vancouver, but the Tesla Model 3's are all over the place...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I remember seeing a Bolt a year or two ago in a parking lot, can't remember where. But I never really looked for them after that so any others probably wouldn't have registered.
Since I bought my Bolt in October I've seen one other. However my daily routine doesn't take me out where I'm likely to see a bunch of cars.
My wife drives a Leaf and she's seen one other Leaf since getting her car in September.
I've seen one i3.
Even Teslas are kind of scarce around me in the burbs of KC, I've only seen 3-4 but I know there are a lot more of them around here.

·
Registered
377 Posts
When I stop by Whole Foods it is common to see a couple of Bolts there. Also not unusual other places, just around driving. I don't see many Teslas. I see a few Hyundai Kona electrics, and Leafs aren't uncommon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They're all over the place but I'm in the SF/Bay Area so I've been calling the Tesla Model S the Silicon Valley Camry for ages.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
249 Posts
It's still a surprise to see another Bolt here in Vancouver, but the Tesla Model 3's are all over the place...
Yeah, was up in Vancouver recently and the Teslas were everywhere up there but in the week I was there, didn’t see a single Bolt.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
In WV, Teslas outnumber Bolts by about 20:1, and all other EVs (in total) by ~ 3:1. And this in a State that has outlawed (by legislation) the sale of Teslas within the State, throwing away over $1,000,000 in sales tax revenue! Columbus, OH {one river and 175-200 miles away} does a booming business in Tesla sales! I think WV legislators wished they could have built a wall along the Ohio River!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts