Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
apparently, they're leaving Lake Orion, Michigan, and may be catching a train to California or Oregon. Seems to be missing the usual protective wrap you see on cars being transported. hope they arrive pristine and without defects.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
apparently, they're leaving Lake Orion, Michigan, and may be catching a train to California or Oregon. Seems to be missing the usual protective wrap you see on cars being transported. hope they arrive pristine and without defects.
Those Bolts could have actually been on their way to the Milford Proving Ground for additional QC, according to this article: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2016/12/07/chevy-bolt-california/95113034/

"Dozens of Bolt EVs on Tuesday were parked at the Orion plant and some have been trucked to GM’s Milford Proving Ground for validation and engineering review and analysis. GM says the extra quality inspections are part of GM’s typical vehicle launch process."

·
Registered
33 Posts
And now they are showing up on dealer web sites noted as "In-Transit" with little details but VIN is included. Seems like arrival is imminent.

·
Registered
639 Posts
These might also end up on local roads driven by GM reps and other people that get assigned these for testing purposes, often I see that happen and you never know till you ask the people driving them.

Maybe having a look at the VIN's might help in pointing that out, or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your note made me think about looking at my Bolt's VIN in comparison. I did a quick scan of VINs on a few dealer sites and I noticed that my VIN and VINs for other's who have shared their VINs for pre-orders are much lower. The VINs on the dealer sites are 500-1000 higher. Don't know if this tells us anything ...

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your note made me think about looking at my Bolt's VIN in comparison. I did a quick scan of VINs on a few dealer sites and I noticed that my VIN and VINs for other's who have shared their VINs for pre-orders are much lower. The VINs on the dealer sites are 500-1000 higher. Don't know if this tells us anything ...
Has your Bolt shipped yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts