Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, happy to announce after all my youtubing and forum scrolling, comparing, reviewing, etc, I finally bit the bullet and picked up a brand new Slate gray LT here in NC.

I'll start off with saying I'm actually okay with the front seats. Not saying they're perfect, but being tall and skinny it works fine for me. I too hope that issue with the radio always coming on when you start the car can be properly resolved, but I"ll set it to XM station zero for now.

The dealer actually tinted the windows and put in the floor LINERS (the ones that cover the dead pedal area).

I'm here to learn and when I have helpful comments to toss in, i'll share the wealth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Bolt! Slate is such a great color for these cars. Mine is Metallic Gray, couldn't find a slate near me. Also agree about the seats, don't see the issue. Have fun!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome! Slate grey here too (mine's a 2019)... I agree, I'm one of the folks who think the seats are fairly comfortable (but there are obviously dissenting opinions). I can claim to be formerly thin, but age, ice cream, and beer have all taken their toll, and none of those are likely to decrease in the future. :)

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
266 Posts
Congrats, that’s a beautiful color (and car) and you’ll be thrilled with your purchase. Welcome!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have to say silver is common and boring, but boy, it shows dirt less than any other color.
If I understand your radio issue correctly:
1. From the AM or FM Menu, touch Audio Settings. 2. Touch Auto Volume. 3. Select the desired option: Off, Low, Medium-Low, Medium, Medium-High, or High.
Congrats on your 2020 Bolt. If I had the patience I SHOULD have let my ICE lease expire and jumped into a 2020, but the Bolt was irresistible as a funmobile commuter so I jumped in Dec. 2017.

Reactions: Martin D

·
Registered
426 Posts
A quick push of the button mutes the radio, that and low volume on start-up ( selected from the menus as stated above) and it is not that bad. Yes, one extra step but it is what it is. Push the button too long and screen goes black.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier w/ driver confidence 2 and infotainment packages in Silver Mist
124 Posts
Welcome! I am fairly new to the forum as well.

The seats don’t bother me either although I have to admit that the longest trip I have taken is 146 miles. I have only had the car since February.

As the others have said, just drop the volume down to 0 when you park and you won’t hear anything when you turn it back on.

Look forward to your contribution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts