Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After feeling guilty about my 50 mile daily commute in an ICE (Toyota Prius), I finally bought one today in bright red! Feels like my birthday today, but will have to wait until Wednesday to pick it up. I'll definitely be first in my workplace to get one.

The test drive is definitely what solidified my decision to buy the Bolt, and of course the enthusiastic horde of Bolt fans here. My only regret now is that I didn't get the orange instead of the red. And that I misspelled my handle: should have been AmpereFaradayMaxwell.

Also, somewhat on-topic; it's curious, but the dealers I talked to seemed to favor the lease option over outright purchase of the Bolt. Is there any reason for this?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats!
And good color choice too :D

The dealers favor leases because there's more $$ in it for them... Occam's razor at work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats again Amp! I concur with NY-Rob about the color choice (still get a lot of compliments on it) and wish you a ton of fun drives with the car. My dealer was super gung-ho on the lease as well BTW. I was anyways only looking to lease so it worked out well :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
The dealers favor leases because there's more $$ in it for them...
How do you figure?
The only way that would be true is if you agreed (foolishly) to a higher "sales price/cap cost" on your lease than if you had purchased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts