Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think it really depends on supply/demand. One of those big buyers only offered me like $15k for my low mileage 2019 Bolt. Insulting. Maybe it's more now. The Bolt was never really high in demand outside of the early years I think and outside of this supply/pandemic crunch. They had many on the lot and your own experience, you paid little for it in 2020.

I think like the other poster said, I'd be cautious whether this holds up when the flood gates sorta opens up for a lot of new EVs mid/late 2022. We're talking Toyota, Subaru, Nissan Ariya, Fisker Ocean, Audi Q4, VW ID.4, BMW i4, Kia/Hyundai and probably others I left out. A lot of those after no BBB and regular tax credit will be ~$35k for something totally fresh/new vs. a Bolt.

If you're tied to the Bolt for whatever reason, not much anything anyone can say, but you'll get more positive responses here being a Bolt forum. We probably can be sure the Bolt will have no software updates (there hasn't been any in 2+ years since I got mine) and we all know the other issues/limitations.

Contrary to common talk, you CAN get new cars for MSRP if you are patient...and do your homework (you probably do paying what you paid).

You seem pretty set on the Tesla MY too, but that's almost double the cost now (~50k).

From your options, I'm doing a buyback already so I'm biased, but why keep a 2019 (2020 in your case) when you can get a 2022 instead? If you keep the Bolt, a swap is a no brainer (2022 > 2020 in insurance/bluebook value if your car is totaled/caught fire). I'm still concerned with parking bans as well which makes any Bolt hard to keep.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I emailed GM back and changed it to an MSRP swap. They gave me 3 business days to contact a dealer and get an order placed. LOL. I called and emailed a dealer I have purchased from before and started the process. The MSRP on my car was $38,xxx and the MSRP on the new Bolt with 2LT and all options is $36,xxx. If this goes through I will be a very happy camper. I know a lot of people of have moved up to the EUV but I like the look of the EV better and it is a little bit faster. As much as I would like to have Super Cruise, I don't do enough highway driving to justify paying for the service. Sunroof would also be nice but I have lived without one for quite a while and the only part I miss is being able to use it as a roof vent on very hot days.

As I was writing this, this is what I got back from the dealer I called.
"I've spoken to Management and have been told that unfortunately we cannot sell you a Bolt because there is a Stop Sale on all the bolts and until that is lifted we cannot help you with getting you one. Sorry for any inconvenience!"

I replied to him and copied my EV Concierge. Will see where it goes. This may just be their way of telling me that they don't want to do the swap.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, I called the original dealer where I bought my Bolt and they also said they could not order a new Bolt and that people were doing the MSRP swap for other GM cars but not the Bolt. Said they cannot even enter an order in the system. So I called my concierge back and he said they can and that he has done several. So, I have 2 days to get this sorted out before my case is closed and I have to start all over again. I have no interest at all in buying another ICE car. This is annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested in pursuing a buyback process on my 2020 Bolt Premiere. Where do I start...at the dealer where I got the car or directly with Chevy's Concierge team or ??? What's the best route??

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,594 Posts
I'm interested in pursuing a buyback process on my 2020 Bolt Premiere. Where do I start...at the dealer where I got the car or directly with Chevy's Concierge team or ??? What's the best route??
You would open a case with the EV Concierge. 833-382-4389.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Called another dealer this morning. They said no problem. I sent them my config from Chevy online and about an hour later had an order placed and a PDF of the vehicle config. Sent that to my GM rep and should be good to go. Now to just wait for production to start up again.

Update: Confirmed with GM. My case is now on hold pending the re-start of Bolt production and building the new car. 2022 Bolt EV 2LT with all options checked. Should still be ~$1,000 less on MSRP that what I have now. If this happens I will be ecstatic.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
678 Posts
Called another dealer this morning. They said no problem. I sent them my config from Chevy online and about an hour later had an order placed and a PDF of the vehicle config. Sent that to my GM rep and should be good to go. Now to just wait for production to start up again.
Another fellow here had to go 20 dealers to find one. So you got off easy

·
Registered
674 Posts
Update: Confirmed with GM. My case is now on hold pending the re-start of Bolt production and building the new car. 2022 Bolt EV 2LT with all options checked. Should still be ~$1,000 less on MSRP that what I have now. If this happens I will be ecstatic.
Sort of strange. My call from Chevy on Monday stated that the recent production run of about 2000 EV/EUV's were for recall owners doing the "trade" option. I stuck with the buyback but she implied I would just get one of those rather than needing to order one and wait on new production.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I Inquired about that and my GM guy was unaware of that and has friends that make parts for the Bolt and they are out until March. If by chance they have one already built I will jump on that like kentucky cousins at a family reunion.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I Inquired about that and my GM guy was unaware of that and has friends that make parts for the Bolt and they are out until March. If by chance they have one already built I will jump on that like kentucky cousins at a family reunion.
There was a two week production run of Bolts in early November 2021. These are the only Bolts that left the factory with non-recalled batteries. There have been a few reports of customer doing repurchases being offered trade-repurchases for cars from this production run. For example: Got an offer in Tennessee

Other than those two weeks in early November 2021, the Orion plant making Bolts has been idle since the recall was extended to all Bolt batteries produced before October 2021. GM has announced that it will remain idle through February 2022.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I emailed GM back and changed it to an MSRP swap. They gave me 3 business days to contact a dealer and get an order placed. LOL. I called and emailed a dealer I have purchased from before and started the process. The MSRP on my car was $38,xxx and the MSRP on the new Bolt with 2LT and all options is $36,xxx. If this goes through I will be a very happy camper. I know a lot of people of have moved up to the EUV but I like the look of the EV better and it is a little bit faster. As much as I would like to have Super Cruise, I don't do enough highway driving to justify paying for the service. Sunroof would also be nice but I have lived without one for quite a while and the only part I miss is being able to use it as a roof vent on very hot days.
Lowest price I could find in my area was $33,000. Off lease 2017 Premiers with 30K miles were $19,000. Bought mine with 30 miles for $26,500. If I had a trade it would have been $24,500. Sticker was $43,000. I searched AutoTrader for the lowest priced Bolt Premier. The dealer in St. Louis and One in South Carolina both had cars listed for $24,000. St. Louis was much closer and I like the Mosaic Black so that is where I went.
Are you saying that sticker price was $5,000 more than msrp?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I just received a call from Chevy. He was initially calling me about the latest software update and to see if I was interested in a trade repurchase (which I already started). I gave him my order number from Dec. and he found it in another system. He indicated that the status is in the second to last queue and the my re-purchase coordinator is in the final calculations before submitting it for final approval. He indicated that the car assigned to me is one of the 2022's that was built in Nov. He also said that they have already started new production of BEUV's for the trade repurchase and possibly BEV's. His feeling is that I should be less than 30 days from getting the final paperwork and switching out cars!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Got my offer for my 2020 LT Friday. I paid 25k OTD, and for a $500 fee I am swapping to a 38k Canyon AT4. Gonna sell the truck and hopefully buy a used Bolt. :cool:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Got my offer for my 2020 LT Friday. I paid 25k OTD, and for a $500 fee I am swapping to a 38k Canyon AT4. Gonna sell the truck and hopefully buy a used Bolt. :cool:
We have been down this road before. Why buy another Bolt? If you are buying one that has the battery replaced, great. If not then you told GM you did not want a car with a bad battery, took their money only to knowingly buy another car with a known bad battery.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We have been down this road before. Why buy another Bolt? If you are buying one that has the battery replaced, great. If not then you told GM you did not want a car with a bad battery, took their money only to knowingly buy another car with a known bad battery.
No emotion in it, straight economics, GM should perform better quality control next time to avoid this. And no love for GM after the 2008 bailout.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts