Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No emotion in it, straight economics, GM should perform better quality control next time to avoid this. And no love for GM after the 2008 bailout.
IDK, then go to another brand and don't buy another Bolt. You don't like their quality so maybe buy a Nissan or a Kia. LMFAO, Bailout 14 years ago and holding a grudge. A bailout that everyone took except Ford because they already had to be restructured. So why did you even buy a Bolt to begin with. You seem perfectly happy to give them money for a Bolt and even happier to take even more back.

I am very happy for those that complete their buybacks and move on. You though are planning to complete a buyback and be in the exact position you were before. That is not economics, that is dishonesty.

Your next step here is to change your screename to something insulting to the Mods and then post about it on reddit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
IDK, then go to another brand and don't buy another Bolt. You don't like their quality so maybe buy a Nissan or a Kia. LMFAO, Bailout 14 years ago and holding a grudge. A bailout that everyone took except Ford because they already had to be restructured. So why did you even buy a Bolt to begin with. You seem perfectly happy to give them money for a Bolt and even happier to take even more back.

I am very happy for those that complete their buybacks and move on. You though are planning to complete a buyback and be in the exact position you were before. That is not economics, that is dishonesty.

Your next step here is to change your screename to something insulting to the Mods and then post about it on reddit.
Bolt was the best all around EV in my book when I bought and in the current market still might be. I'm not being dishonest with GM, the new car I bought had issues that warranted a response by them. Leaving that transaction behind, in this car market it still seems like the best EV available, even if I end up paying more for a used Bolt than I paid for my new one. And I am not holding a grudge but GM took Gov money, paid out huge bonuses and never paid it back. If they pay the Gov back with interest before next week I'll cancel the MSRP swap.

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So, are you planning on buying a Bolt that already has the battery replaced or one that is still under recall?

I assume the issues that "warranted a response" is the battery.

Why would you cancel the MSRP swap if they paid back the money? One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Seems like you are self justifying your actions. If you really cared about the bailout and bonuses then you would never would have bought another GM product at all. Whether they made the "best" EV or not. Your statements do not align with your actions.

Thing is, I have no problem with you doing a MSRP swap and taking the new car straight to another dealer to sell for $$$. You were made whole, more than whole. Got back all your money and extra for whatever headache this caused you. The problem I have is buying another Bolt still under recall. Because that says you never had ANY problem at all with the battery issue and you were only looking for a payday.

Buy one with a battery already replaced, then meh you went to a lot of trouble to buy a used car that as you said will probably cost more than what you paid for the new one.

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I emailed my dealer this morning and my car was built on Tuesday this week!!!!!!! He said it takes 2-3 weeks from production to delivery but since my car was built prior to the expected build date he does not know. Yeah!

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wednesday I received the offer letter from GM for the buyback of my car and today I signed the final buy order with my local dealer.

Here is the deal.

MSRP of my 2020 Bolt Premium: $42,360.45
MSRP of my 2022 Bolt 2 LT: $36,095
They gave me a Factory rebate of $500
Charged an ADP (dock fee) of $489

Total out the door price for the trade: -$6,266.00

So, as I understand this I purchased a 2020 Bolt Premium in Oct of 2020 and payed $26,xxx for my car after all rebates and incentives. Drove the car for 1.5 years and put 17k miles on the car then followed all the procedures for the buyback, waited patiently. Now within the next few weeks will have a new 2020 2LT with a new battery and more features than my current car and GM is also going to give me a check for over $6,000.

Mary, if this is your plan to win, I like it!
Font Brand Logo Magenta Smile

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
891 Posts
Congrads.
What a deal
Most people swaped to EUV. I can think of only 3 here that got a EV. And one of those was not a Nov 22.
Since I am swapping to a EUV my credit is 4k.
I got 19k miles on the car but only got hit for about 7000. Your state does not hit for miles

“Few weeks”???? If your real lucky. Check out the waiting room in the other post. 6 weeks here, 8 weeks another, me on 3 weeks. So grab a cup of coffee

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Congrads.
What a deal
Most people swaped to EUV. I can think of only 3 here that got a EV. And one of those was not a Nov 22.
Since I am swapping to a EUV my credit is 4k.
I got 19k miles on the car but only got hit for about 7000. Your state does not hit for miles

“Few weeks”???? If your real lucky. Check out the waiting room in the other post. 6 weeks here, 8 weeks another, me on 3 weeks. So grab a cup of coffee
Yes, I saw no milage deduction and I filed my claim with just under 10k miles. I thought about an EUV but there was nothing different enough for me to choose it over the EV. If it actually had more rear cargo space I may have bought it or if it had AWD. Also losing .5 seconds to 60 was something I did not want to give up.

Maybe. Wish I could fly to the factory and pick it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wednesday I received the offer letter from GM for the buyback of my car and today I signed the final buy order with my local dealer.

Here is the deal.

MSRP of my 2020 Bolt Premium: $42,360.45
They gave me a Factory rebate of $500
Charged an ADP (dock fee) of $489

Total out the door price for the trade: -$6,266.00

So, as I understand this I purchased a 2020 Bolt Premium in Oct of 2020 and payed $26,xxx for my car after all rebates and incentives. Drove the car for 1.5 years and put 17k miles on the car then followed all the procedures for the buyback, waited patiently. Now within the next few weeks will have a new 2020 2LT with a new battery and more features than my current car and GM is also going to give me a check for over $6,000.

Mary, if this is your plan to win, I like it!
View attachment 42560
Congrats!! I want to do the exact same thing!! How/where did you start this process? How long did it take?? Many thanks!!

·
Registered
2022 EV 2LT Black
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Congrats!! I want to do the exact same thing!! How/where did you start this process? How long did it take?? Many thanks!!
You start with the EV Concierge. This is a process that started over a year ago with the 2017-2019 Bolts and was then expanded around Oct 2021 to 2020-2022 Bolts and EUV's. The buy back or trade repurchase options were available to everyone at that time because no permanent fix was available. Now that replacement batteries are in production and packs being replaced new people (requests) are reporting that doing a buyback or trade repurchase is no longer an option. You can call and find out but this process for most of us has taken 9 months and your sole remedy now is getting a new battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You start with the EV Concierge. This is a process that started over a year ago with the 2017-2019 Bolts and was then expanded around Oct 2021 to 2020-2022 Bolts and EUV's. The buy back or trade repurchase options were available to everyone at that time because no permanent fix was available. Now that replacement batteries are in production and packs being replaced new people (requests) are reporting that doing a buyback or trade repurchase is no longer an option. You can call and find out but this process for most of us has taken 9 months and your sole remedy now is getting a new battery.
Thank you! Most helpful information. Where do I find the EV Concierge the Chevrolet website? Thank you again!!

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
891 Posts
Thank you! Most helpful information. Where do I find the EV Concierge the Chevrolet website? Thank you again!!
You can just call Chevy customer service.
It’s a easy number to recall. Somone posted it

Good luck. People getting no’s here

let us know if ye get a yes

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Repurchase timeline survey has entries. It's becoming confusing due to lack of years. I believe the author is adding to the bottom.

The ones at the top were from the initial Nov 2020 recall.

I have an entry in there. I began buyback request 9/14/21 (as my car wasn't in the initial Nov 2020 recall, it only got included when all Bolts got recalled in late Aug 2021) and didn't receive an offer with numbers until 1/7/22. I returned my car on the day my CA tags expired: 1/28/22. I probably could've returned it a bit sooner, like a week or two earlier if I was in a real hurry.

I had no other car so I didn't want to be w/o one for too long. Was juggling trying to lease/buy a replacement EV, travel (I had to fly to So Cal to pick up a car I was leasing and drive it home 450 miles) and work time off difficulties.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts