Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Huh, my repurchase coordinator said he could only process a straight buyback, and if I wanted to switch to a MSRP trade I would need to be kicked back into the queue and be assigned a new repurchase coordinator to handle that. Wut?
Same. I received the offer letter from the repurchase guy, and when I asked about MSRP swap, was told that a different department would handle it.

Wonder if @JMetras was referring to the L2 CS Rep (Ashley, in my case), who did offer both buyback and MSRP swap during our conversations. I didn't make a commitment at that time, but was defaulted to the repurchase department first.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Huh, my repurchase coordinator said he could only process a straight buyback, and if I wanted to switch to a MSRP trade I would need to be kicked back into the queue and be assigned a new repurchase coordinator to handle that. Wut?
This is what I was told as well. He also said that starting with the MSRP swap/trade is a faster process than the buyback/check option.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just now contacted Chevy using the chat from Chevrolet Living Electric: Charging, Perks, Installation and asked about a buyback. Chat person stated I need to visit dealer have have the vehicle checked. Guess they are changing their buyback process?
Call the EV Concierge line instead and you may get a different answer - they know how to handle the Bolt. The chat function just brings you to Joe/Jane Random.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In December of 2020 I bought a used 2017 Bolt LT in California for $15,600 (with tax/license etc. close to $18K). Within the 1st month of ownership I had a situation where the Bolt GOM went down immediately from 80 miles left to 0. Fortunately my car was stopped at a bank automatic teller. Bank employees and myself pushed it to a parking place and it was then towed to the dealer where it was discovered that I had a faulty cell. About 2 weeks later my car was repaired, but I'm so glad I heard about your forum, because I immediately called the Bolt EV concierge line, and they said that my car qualified for either a swap or a buy back, but that I was under no obligation to do either. The process lasted about 3 months. The swap they offered me was for me to give them my car, and that if I paid an additional $20K they would put me into a similar 2020 Bolt LT (base model with no options). Going this route would mean that I would have paid list (dealer) price for the car, but that GM would pay the tax and license. Instead I chose the buy back option where GM paid $17,500 for my Bolt and I used the car as a down payment for a new 2020 Bolt with every option and package with a price in California discounted to around 22K with all the incentives, Costco, Dealer Cash Back, California Clean Vehicle etc. plus I would pay the tax and license. California taxes are high but still getting a pretty loaded Bolt LT with a new 8 year battery warranty, better extended range, quieter ride, new tires etc. seemed like a no-brainer for me and I've been delighted with the new car. I also don't have the same worry of the battery having other faulty cells that could result in another unsafe situation.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts