Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Looks like the charger in Gallup Arizona is not working...I I called electrify America and they confirmed don't trust it so that means I have to try to make it to Grant's which is 189..miles from where I am in Winslow..

so I'm putting a full charge instead of 80% I'm at 92% now so maybe another 10 minutes and then I'm going to see how it goes

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks like the charger in Gallup Arizona is not working... ....

so I'm putting a full charge instead of 80% I'm at 92% now so maybe another 10 minutes and then I'm going to see how it goes
Ouch. I feel your pain!

Rich

Edit: Just looked at PlugShare. Under Repair. Sucks.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Looks like the charger in Gallup Arizona is not working...I I called electrify America and they confirmed don't trust it so that means I have to try to make it to Grant's which is 189..miles from where I am in Winslow..

If I was where you are, in our 2017 Bolt, I would assume I have 55 kWh usable at 100%. At 92% you have ~50.6 kWh.

189 ÷ 50.6 = 3.7 mi/kWh
189 ÷ 55.0 = 3.4 mi/kWh

Either rate is doable in your Bolt. The difference is several mph average speed.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Tires are Iroman gen2....brand new

View attachment 30129
That's unfortunate. I don't know much about the Ironman tires, but I'm reasonably sure they are less efficient than the stock tires by a lot. Most of the advice you've been given about range and efficiency was based on running the stock tires. ABRP might be a little closer to accurate with those tires, so keep that in mind.

It's definitely a good idea to charge to full and take it slow. It might be too late to get this message, but I'd suggest stopping in Gallup even if you think it's down. If it's up, it gives you more flexibility on your trip. If not, you can continue on to Grants.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
429 Posts
Long day getting out of the dealership so I didn't get very far I'm in Winlow Arizona charging at Walmart this morning...
We all want to know, did you stand on the corner, and did the girl in the flat-bed Ford slow down to take a look at you?

Take it Easy, safe travels!

·
Registered
2020 Silver Ice Metallic Premier Bolt
14 Posts
Good thing you found out in time. Site failure is my biggest concern about my upcoming road trip to Branson. I plan on bringing level 2 & 1 evse with me. Hopefully I could use an RV park to avoid being stranded. I may also try to charge enough to reach the next charger at points if I don't take too big a hit on my 2020 charge curve.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yes the pumps in Gallup are not working..means I have to make it to Grant's New Mexico which is 64 miles away and this is what I have left.
83 max 71 middle and 61min...

well this will be interesting I need to get a bite to eat and then I'm going to go for it

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yes the pumps in Gallup are not working..means I have to make it to Grant's New Mexico which is 64 miles away and this is what I have left.

well this will be interesting I need to get a bite to eat and then I'm going to go for it
Have faith, and go light on the Go pedal!

·
Registered
59 Posts

Just take it a bit slow and you’ll be fine 🙂

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Also, while you are at a walmart pick up a plug kit and compressor that plugs in to the 12V outlet in the car... you do not have a spare tire and those tires they stuck you with are not self sealing like the OEM tires.

Keith

·
Registered
174 Posts
Made to Grants.and actually built up my mind miles....32 min miles left !
Max 46
39 middle
32 min

56 mpg...

I am shoocked that no one flipped me the bird or was honking:cool:
This is also showing that you could run a little faster at the end of the leg, so that you come closer to 15% SOC. But this is something you‘ll learn by driving long distances like you do now. Great job ! 👍

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
This is also showing that you could run a little faster at the end of the leg, so that you come closer to 15% SOC. But this is something you‘ll learn by driving long distances like you do now. Great job ! 👍

yes I knew that I just wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be like a 10 mile construction zone you know what I'm sitting in traffic forever and it was it something wh I'm not familiar with so I just left it at 56 and cruised on..

I should be able to hit the pedal a little harder now 70 75

·
Registered
429 Posts
yes I knew that I just wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be like a 10 mile construction zone you know what I'm sitting in traffic forever and it was it something wh I'm not familiar with so I just left it at 56 and cruised on..

I should be able to hit the pedal a little harder now 70 75
In that part of the world, lots of old beaters on the road doing 55. You shouldn't stand out too much!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Made to Grants.and actually built up my mind miles....32 min miles left !
Max 46
39 middle
32 min

56 mpg...

I am shoocked that no one flipped me the bird or was honking:cool:
Nice. Gallup being down is really a bigger issue heading the other direction. Hopefully, EA can get that site repaired soon. I won't say you're scott-free at this point, but the trip should be pretty straightforward from here on out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Another thing I found interesting was going through Arizona New Mexico earlier is that everyone pretty much does the speed limit maybe a little bit over but not like Minnesota where it says 75 and if you're not doing 85 everyone gets pissed at you

61 - 80 of 134 Posts