Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received mine in the mail already--it looks like the dealer ordered it for me, but the registration for the sticker is in their name. They sent an application form with it to transfer the stickers into my name. It says to mail the DMV a $22 check, but I am only transferring the stickers to my name, not ordering new ones. The dealer already paid the $22. Do I have to pay it again?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
You do not have to pay the fee again...

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
The form says to mail a check for $22 payable to DMV. There's no language that says fee not required for transfers, etc.
From the DMV’s website: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal

5. Q: I acquired a vehicle with CAV decals and transferred it into my name. Do I also have to transfer the CAV decal ownership into my name?

A: Yes. If you purchase a vehicle with existing decals, you must transfer the decals to your name using the Application for Clean Air Vehicle Decal (REG 1000) form. There is no cost provided that all required CAV decals are present on the vehicle. You will be issued a new CAV decal ID card with your name once your CAV decal transfer application is processed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh good to know. My dealer never told me I had to transfer the stickers to my name. It was just "We've already put them on for you, here's the DMV paperwork to keep."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.