Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
From my experience (learned the hard way). you have to tell them by email / fax / phone what you want and don't want. I denied the buyback because it doesn't make any sense for leases.

You tell them you want a TRADE REPURCHASE (formerly known as MSRP Swap) w/ SOC - Substitution of Collateral (lease contract addendum). After this is settled (and in your case it looks like it is) you get a Dealer to perform the TAG. Basically you sit down w/ them and pick your Bolt EUV from the GM Pilot Program list. The dealer prints the vehicle info to include the VIN #.

Next you email that form to your RC (repurchase coordinator) w/ the Dealership Info, Dealer Contact Point, address and dealer BAC #. Once the RC has that he communicates w/ the host Dealer and sends you a formal offer that looks like what other ppl posted here: basically you pay for any difference (greater) in the MSRP, I paid $1100ish because my EUV was more expensive than the EV. They did not charge me mileage usage fees but may in some cases.

Make sure your host Dealer knows you got the formal offer and send them a copy.

Last step is your RC telling you they are sending all paperwork to the Dealer once it arrives (takes 4-6 days) you go over there and signed everything. In my case, this coincided w/ my EUV Arrival but it can vary.

Review the paperwork to see there is no change in your original Lease contract (change in payments, lease buyout etc), and it doesn't change anything they just ad the new EUV Vin number to replace the old collateral that's all.

Receive the EUV and celebrate!
From my experience (learned the hard way). you have to tell them by email / fax / phone what you want and don't want. I denied the buyback because it doesn't make any sense for leases.

You tell them you want a TRADE REPURCHASE (formerly known as MSRP Swap) w/ SOC - Substitution of Collateral (lease contract addendum). After this is settled (and in your case it looks like it is) you get a Dealer to perform the TAG. Basically you sit down w/ them and pick your Bolt EUV from the GM Pilot Program list. The dealer prints the vehicle info to include the VIN #.

Next you email that form to your RC (repurchase coordinator) w/ the Dealership Info, Dealer Contact Point, address and dealer BAC #. Once the RC has that he communicates w/ the host Dealer and sends you a formal offer that looks like what other ppl posted here: basically you pay for any difference (greater) in the MSRP, I paid $1100ish because my EUV was more expensive than the EV. They did not charge me mileage usage fees but may in some cases.

Make sure your host Dealer knows you got the formal offer and send them a copy.

Last step is your RC telling you they are sending all paperwork to the Dealer once it arrives (takes 4-6 days) you go over there and signed everything. In my case, this coincided w/ my EUV Arrival but it can vary.

Review the paperwork to see there is no change in your original Lease contract (change in payments, lease buyout etc), and it doesn't change anything they just ad the new EUV Vin number to replace the old collateral that's all.

Receive the EUV and celebrate!
Hi Vicki,
First, thank you for all your responses on this forum. It's been very helpful through this process. :)
Curious, how many offers did you get until they finally went with the SOC? I originally requested an SOC, I didn't indicate as you mentioned "Trade Repurchase w/SOC" and just mentioned SOC. So I'm not sure if that's why my first offer I got was not even a viable offer. I'm hoping this won't go through multiple offers but wanted to confirm your experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Two weeks ago I got a local dealer to order "tag" me a EUV for my 2021 swap. Got the order number and my RC said the order has not been accepted so my case is on hold. Guy at the dealership who put in the order says that EUV orders can be put in but they aren't getting accepted? I was under the impression my RC could help the order process to get the order accepted? I don't know who to talk to and how to get things moving at this point.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts