Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I received my offer letter for trade repurchase with Substitution of Collateral. In the letter, one of the requirements was the contingent of approval by the lender/leasing institution. Has anyone run into any issues with completing the swap after signing the offer letter because of this?
Font Screenshot Parallel Document Paper product

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
3,927 Posts
I received my offer letter for trade repurchase with Substitution of Collateral. In the letter, one of the requirements was the contingent of approval by the lender/leasing institution. Has anyone run into any issues with completing the swap after signing the offer letter because of this?
View attachment 43154
Who is the lender? If it's GM Financial, I wouldn't foresee a problem. If it's a 3rd party bank, they may not allow substitution of collateral.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Also, the statement about alterations to the vehicle, I asked my RC about tinted windows and she replied that generally, if the tint is considered illegal then it needs to be removed before the swap. Did any of you in CA have issues with tints and had to remove them? I have tints on the front doors, which is technically illegal in CA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is your RC Lacy? Mine was and she had highlighted that section in my offer letter. There was zero issue with GMF approving.

WRT tint - very unlikely to be an issue. Host dealer barely inspected the car. I had returned a Fiat lease awhile ago with 20% tint all around and was zero issue. I'm also in CA

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is your RC Lacy? Mine was and she had highlighted that section in my offer letter. There was zero issue with GMF approving.

WRT tint - very unlikely to be an issue. Host dealer barely inspected the car. I had returned a Fiat lease awhile ago with 20% tint all around and was zero issue. I'm also in CA
YES! It's Lacy. I was able to confirm with her that my collateral swap has already been approved by GM Financial, so not sure why she highlighted that. About the tint, I guess it doesn't matter to me if I need to remove since I am returning the car. I can do it myself or worse case scenario, pay a shop $30 to take it off. Just a hassle I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
YES! It's Lacy. I was able to confirm with her that my collateral swap has already been approved by GM Financial, so not sure why she highlighted that. About the tint, I guess it doesn't matter to me if I need to remove since I am returning the car. I can do it myself or worse case scenario, pay a shop $30 to take it off. Just a hassle I guess.
You're in good hands, final email from Lacy will be to give you a confirmation that everything is set to go and car is shipped. She'll also give you a packet delivery date, but no vehicle delivery date (assuming you're getting a 11/21 swap pool vehicle). My car actually arrived a day after her last email, and packet arrived a couple days before the date in the email. Enjoy the new ride, the lease SoC for CA residents is the best deal in town.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You're in good hands, final email from Lacy will be to give you a confirmation that everything is set to go and car is shipped. She'll also give you a packet delivery date, but no vehicle delivery date (assuming you're getting a 11/21 swap pool vehicle). My car actually arrived a day after her last email, and packet arrived a couple days before the date in the email. Enjoy the new ride, the lease SoC for CA residents is the best deal in town.
Thank you, this is great to hear that she is good. Can't wait to complete the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, the statement about alterations to the vehicle, I asked my RC about tinted windows and she replied that generally, if the tint is considered illegal then it needs to be removed before the swap. Did any of you in CA have issues with tints and had to remove them? I have tints on the front doors, which is technically illegal in CA.
I wonder how they feel about trailer hitches? I have one on my '20. Also in CA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 43154
H- Does anybody have a new fax number? I just received an offer on Thursday which has this same number (866-802-6665) but it is coming back as disconnected. Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do you have a new RC? I believe fax requires a cover page so it gets to the right person. Sending a fax blindly to the dept may get lost in the wild. It's probably best to wait until your new RC contacts you. This happened to me, where my 2nd RC contacted me because my case was transferred to her for whatever reason.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think this question is going to the correct thread...I am currently in the process of a replacement (2019 Bolt for a 2022 Bolt EV), and wondering about the Yakima racks I have on my 2019 Bolt. I am awaiting word (and paperwork), from my assigned Repurchase Coordinator but wanted to be clear before. Does anyone know if the Bolt 2022 model has the same rails as the 2019 Bolt? If so, I could probably just remove the rack since the 2019 is technically still owned by me. Thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think this question is going to the correct thread...I am currently in the process of a replacement (2019 Bolt for a 2022 Bolt EV), and wondering about the Yakima racks I have on my 2019 Bolt. I am awaiting word (and paperwork), from my assigned Repurchase Coordinator but wanted to be clear before. Does anyone know if the Bolt 2022 model has the same rails as the 2019 Bolt? If so, I could probably just remove the rack since the 2019 is technically still owned by me. Thoughts?
I think I just answered my own question. No roof rails apparently with the 2022 Bolt EV. The 2022 EUV, however, DOES retain the roof rails. Here is the reference if anyone is interested. It also discusses the differences between the EUV and the EV nicely.

·
Registered
74 Posts
SOC swap completed today. Exactly 8 weeks total time. I cannot thank my host dealer John from Allen Gwynn Chevrolet enough for providing an EUV Premier they had in transit for the swap, along with my very competent RC. Appointment for tints already set up for tomorrow. It's getting hot in Socal.
Congrats! Can you provide more details on the swap? It looks like you had a GM financial lease. Did you have a usage fee? If so, how did they calculate it?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts