Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

CA. requires units on chargers, not time.

7K views 78 replies 18 participants last post by  sly 
I think in the end, this will all become a moot point and legislation. I for one enjoy living in CA and paying for what I use vs time to charge but it has already come down to only 2 providers which do this: Chargepoint and Greenlots (some).

In a capitalistic free market, the providers adjust and adapt by charging other "fees" to compensate for their perceived loss of income or if not, will simply withdraw from the game as other companies have from being overregulated. I am waiting to see what EA and EVgo start charging per unit!

As a registered voter in CA, I was never asked my official opinion on this matter.

In the mean time, I am immensely enjoying the free Chargepoint DCFC my city has been so gracious to provide. There was another previous free DCFC but it has since been decommissioned. I guess they could not justify giving away the product or service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.