Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bolt EV uses space in an inventive way. Engineered to provide more room and advanced technology than you'll expect in an EV, form truly follows function. Whether it's more shoulder, leg and head room for your family, or more room for your stuff, everything is designed around you.

Fits Five Comfortably
The creative design offers an open and spacious feel for exceptional shoulder room, head room and leg room

Multi-Purpose Front Console
Delivers a functional, usable space with sliding armrest and massive storage bins. Also enjoy generously sized cup holders and available wireless charging† behind the shifter

Flat Floor
Battery positioning allows for increased spaciousness and easy entrance and exit for you and your passengers

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thought the arm rest was stationary but it's good to know I can slide it around for optimal comfort.
There's no odd bump in the middle floor even though the battery is under the floor. That's usually a struggle for some people to straddle.
Looks even more spacious from the side.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The flat floor is actually a nice feature. Most cars don't have this but I bet it make foot space much more comfortable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
which do you think will have more trunk space in terms of cubic inches. the Bolt or the Volt?
i've obviously have seen the Volt, but do you all think the Bolt will have more because of the higher roof line.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I THINK those numbers are EPA volumes which are measured differently for "station wagons" (Bolt EV) verses "hatchbacks" (Volt). I understand that wagons can be measured to the headliner but hatchbacks can only be measured to the height of the rear seats.

That would mean the Volt has more than 10.6 cu ft available if you filled it to touch the rear window.

That's my understanding of the cargo measurements and I'd appreciate feedback if wrong.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think you're right, there is probably a difference in the way they're measured. Although fueleconomy.gov quotes the 2016 Volt at 90 cu. ft. passenger space and 19 cu. ft. cargo. I'm not sure where GM's 10.6 cu. ft. comes from.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Doesn't the Bolt come with a hidden storage area under the trunk floor for more storage? Should be plenty of space for your needs.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've just realized something. With a false floor, I can throw small things in the back (laptop) and cover it up so anyone looking in would only see an empty trunk! Perfect security feature and maybe I can hide a small GPS tracker in there in case anything happens.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The flat floor makes it a lot easier for the poor guy that gets stuck sitting in the center back seat lol. The two side rear passengers are always alright.. it's just that middle fellow but this remedies that !

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
With or without the middle bump, the poor sap who has to sit there will still be crushed on either side by two people. The lack of a bump helps with leg extension but not the horizontal squeeze.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I thought the pictures made that back look pretty wide but well.. I guess he's the poor sap for a reason. There's just no winning

1 - 18 of 18 Posts