1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
DID YOU KNOW: Cajun Red Tintcoat costs:

In Canada: it’s + $100 (CAD, MSRP) more than Nightfall Grey Metallic, whereas
In U.S.A.: it’s + $395 (USD) more than Nightfall Grey Metallic

That’s why I ordered it. Deal, eh.

And a couple years from now. To make my Bolt even more special: I’m getting it re-painted either Mary Kay Cadillac Pink; or perhaps Camaro ILE “Krypton Green”.

(eops: no need to set up a thread for pink or green, yet)

BTW: see my avatar for my picture for this picture thread !

·
Registered
979 Posts
Here's mine! My third red car - dare I say predictable?
How much extra does vanity plate cost in Calif ? You must've got to the bureau early for that one !

Here we can get Green plate for no extra cost. I'll have to check if can get: Green vanity plate ! For lookin good goin down that HOV lane.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The cost is $98 for the DMV to make the plate, then there's an additional nominal annual surcharge with the registration which goes to various organizations. My plate is a coastal plate and the proceeds go to California coastal efforts.

I did order the plates mid September when I ordered my Bolt. The plates arrived a month before the car ......

A Green plate sounds cool ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
DID YOU KNOW: To make my Bolt even more special: I’m getting it re-painted either Mary Kay Cadillac Pink;
Although we have one EV, I've ventured away from VW, not because they think nothing of gasing asthmatics with Dieselgate, but because their #PinkBeetle was such a betrayl of early redesigned Beetle owners, when they were trying to make it more masculine and appeal to more guys.

I registered to inquire about the contrsting stitching, ... but in seeing this ... Cajun Red is off the list. In fact, the car may be off the list. By all means, do whatever gets you attention and helps you sell lipstick! (I began to rethink a Camaro when I read about guys talking about what pistols fit in the glovebox, but this!?!)

Funny think about Cadillac pink, ... Cadillac abandoned it decades ago. Maybe there's a reason for that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Although we have one EV, I've ventured away from VW, not because they think nothing of gasing asthmatics with Dieselgate, but because their #PinkBeetle was such a betrayl of early redesigned Beetle owners, when they were trying to make it more masculine and appeal to more guys.

I registered to inquire about the contrsting stitching, ... but in seeing this ... Cajun Red is off the list. In fact, the car may be off the list. By all means, do whatever gets you attention and helps you sell lipstick! (I began to rethink a Camaro when I read about guys talking about what pistols fit in the glovebox, but this!?!)

Funny think about Cadillac pink, ... Cadillac abandoned it decades ago. Maybe there's a reason for that.
Ok. I'm over it (Cadillac pink) but not the double VW betrayal.

You certainly have the right to do with your vehicle whatever you wish, but consider enveloping it in film. You can remove it and not take a resale hit due to a different color in the door jams, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts