Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit bothered by this...

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/california-bill-seeks-to-cut-green-car-sales-tax.html

A law before the California Legislature is seeking to slash sales taxes on green cars in an effort to encourage more people to buy them.

The bill would cut sales taxed on hydrogen, electric, plug-in hybrid and compressed natural gas vehicles to 3.06 percent from the current 7.5 percent rate, the Los Angles Times reports. Sponsored by Assemblyman Phil Ting (D-San Francisco), the bill is Ting’s newest attempt to cut taxes on green cars. In 2013 he sponsored a bill with similar goals that ended up stalling because of concerns over funding.
first of all its discrimination (;)), second ok so they cut taxes to on board people cool, people respond now what happens, do they continue with the tax cut even as more and more people are coming online, exacerbating the missed revenue figures, or do they cancel the tax credit and suffer that fall out?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Isn't California broke at this point anyway? I don't think they really should be cutting taxes anywhere. And I also question whether this policy would actually result in more people buying EVs. I think it would end up not affecting sales significantly and putting a hole in California's budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts