Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find caliper covers for the Bolt?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
You hardly even need the calipers on a Bolt. Just take the calipers off! >:) In seriousness, I have not seen any, but I haven't looked real hard either. At the expected low volume production of the Bolt combined with the sluggish sales of the Bolt, it will take the aftermarket a long, long time before they make anything specific to the Bolt if ever. However, these calipers may be shared with another car, IDK.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You could always try painting your calipers if there are no covers available. It's more of a cosmetic change isn't it?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
You could always try painting your calipers if there are no covers available. It's more of a cosmetic change isn't it?
Yes it is just cosmetic. You can definitely paint, but the covers look a little more custom because they are smooth and usually incorporate a machined logo, or branding like these-

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have red ones on the Volt with black rims. They have the Volt logo on them. Looks real sharp. I was hoping for Kinetic blue ones with Bolt logo. Maybe black. I have sent emails to a couple of companies that make them but no response yet. I tried some chrome blue vinyl overlay for my bow ties but not pliable enough. Ordered some Kinetic blue in spray can so I can paint the bow ties.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have bought a set. Will install them on springtime next month. Look at the attached image
These look amazing. Can't wait to see the pictures. Bookmarking this thread.

Sweet! Is the "Bolt" emblem custom?
Was going to ask the same question. If it is indeed a specific customization, could you also kindly share how to go about placing the customized order?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes this is a custom order but i just asked the company to replace the V of Volt for a B for Bolt. They offer me a bunch of colours like blue letters on yellow pad but my wife do not comply. She said i am muting the Bolt into a Tonka so the final is silver letters on black pads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
These are the informations i received for an order. My Bolt is a Kinetic Blue Premier

" Jessamine W
Mon, 10/23/17 12:54 pm

We do have it available for the Premier and LT submodels. Please note we require 17" wheels or bigger. The part number you will need is 14246. Since we don't have it available on our website, you can give us a call at 877-995-0003 to place your order. Or if you know what finish color and engraving you want, I can get that mocked up for you so you can see what it looks like before you place your order. "

·
Registered
878 Posts
These are the informations i received for an order. My Bolt is a Kinetic Blue Premier

" Jessamine W
Mon, 10/23/17 12:54 pm

We do have it available for the Premier and LT submodels. Please note we require 17" wheels or bigger. The part number you will need is 14246. Since we don't have it available on our website, you can give us a call at 877-995-0003 to place your order. Or if you know what finish color and engraving you want, I can get that mocked up for you so you can see what it looks like before you place your order. "
Fantastic. Many thanks for sharing. As above, very much looking forward to seeing how they look on your Bolt.

·
Registered
328 Posts
God, I hope they are well secured, I can't imagine what happen if one get loose at speed, say when hitting a pothole.

Hard pass for me. Mods need to be functional, aesthetics are a side benefit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts