Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the current backup camera to a higher resolution version ?
I came across from forum talking about Volt upgrades, prolly still too new for Bolts.

With the large 10.2 display, the backup images almost look blurry (like SD content on HD screen :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
A few other threads here talk about the pre 2020 Bolts having composite cable and that would require rewiring and then potential head interface issues and software challenges. Search for the word composite and you may find more information. I have a 2019 and find it to be a beautiful clear image. This is the first leg of my driveway that I back out of every day and night with the camera. I'm attaching it as a reference point in case your display is different. There could be a lens issue that is a warranty item. My cell phone doesn't do the image justice so be aware of a the loss of resolution when taking a picture of a screen. If your results are less, you may need a new camera module more than an upgrade.

20200204_135753.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts