Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a strange video camera experience in my Premier today. After reversing out of my garage, the camera view stayed on after I started driving forwards. I could not access any of the infotainment touchscreen controls to turn off the camera view. After driving about 1 km I pulled over and put it in Park, back in reverse, and then in L. None of this had any effect, and I could still not access any of the touchscreen controls, including the heat, which I needed on this cold day. Turning the vehicle off and then back on seemed to reset the infotainment system and it started functioning normally again.

This is the second time this has happened in the 7000 km I have driven so far. Hopefully it's just a software bug that will be fixed some time soon.

Has anybody else experienced this?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I was having the same issue, and finally took it in to the dealer. They installed some updates, and it hasn’t happened again.
Yes - the camera staying on was noted as an issue that was fixed by a software update. If the OP doesn't have software version 14.1.0 then he should go to the dealer and complain about the camera remaining on so that they'll apply the update (apparently just asking for the update isn't effective with some dealers, they need to know that it's fixing a problem).

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just checked and I am already running version 14.1.0 software.
this is not the right version number to check for this issue. see below, courtesy of drdiesel1.

i took mine in for this update last week. i told them the TSB numbers and everything, but they still insist on troubleshooting or whatever they do. as a bonus, they ended up keeping my car over night (after dropping it off at noon) because they couldn't get to it... and then it was ready by 7:45 the next morning.

also, they helpfully lowered my tire pressure to 35, because that's what it said on their little piece of paper. never mind what it said on the b pillar. clowns, all around. at least they washed it for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. That definitely sounds like the symptoms I have experienced a couple of times. My build date is in June 2017 though, so it should not apply. In any event, if it happens again I will take it in to the dealer to have it examined.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Interesting. That definitely sounds like the symptoms I have experienced a couple of times. My build date is in June 2017 though, so it should not apply. In any event, if it happens again I will take it in to the dealer to have it examined.
i think there's a good chance they didn't actually root cause the camera issue, so whatever changes they rolled in back in february may not fix all the problems. definitely take it in if it happens again, the more complaints they have, the more likely they are to try to fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this has also happened to me twice in 24,000 km. Today when it happened it didn't matter how many times I turned the car on and off, it wouldn't take the camera view away. Has it happened to you again? Have you taken it in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
With my 2019 Bolt, so far, it happened twice that the rear camera view was stuck on while driving forward. Any of the power off, stop, restart etc did not help. Eventually, (twice) exactly at the same spot(after driving about 1+ mile), camera view went away and the regular infotainment setup came on.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
With my 2019 Bolt, so far, it happened twice that the rear camera view was stuck on while driving forward. Any of the power off, stop, restart etc did not help. Eventually, (twice) exactly at the same spot(after driving about 1+ mile), camera view went away and the regular infotainment setup came on.

I see "...power off, stop, restart etc...", but not the Infotainment reset of Home and Forward (>>) together for ten seconds. I've even done this *while driving* to no ill effect (on the driving part). It reset the Infotainment system, and resolved the issue I was having.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is happening is the system is rebooting and when that process starts, whatever is on the screen will stay on the screen. It might be the Bolt logo. It might be a black screen. It might be your rear camera. It takes 4.5 minutes to reboot. If you spend that time turning your car off and on, it might seem like that did the trick, but really it just used up the 4.5 minutes the system needed to reboot. I do not know why the rebooting happens. I just had my firmware updated and it still happens to me about once a week. Good to know I can two finger it when I want it to reboot on MY terms.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts