Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bolt-topians!
A funny thing happened to me the other day when leaving for work.
I reversed out of my garage and proceeded to work as usual and my cameras stayed on.
Usually, upon moving faster than 5mph, they switch off and console returns to normal operation.
The cameras stayed on even when I got on the freeway.
I couldn't get it to turn off and the screen was unresponsive.
I noticed my bluetooth was not working properly either.
I tried to quickly turn off my vehicle (while stopped on side of road) and turn back on but it didn't fix it.
Eventually I had to turn off vehicle and leave off for a few minutes for it to return to normal.

Just wanted to share, just in case this happens to others so they don't freak out (or as much as I did).

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
In some cases a reboot of the infotainment system will restore normal operation- it can be done while the car is being driven.

Press and hold the FF+Home hard buttons near the volume control knob... it will trigger a infotainment sys reboot.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
Hello Bolt-topians!
A funny thing happened to me the other day when leaving for work.
I reversed out of my garage and proceeded to work as usual and my cameras stayed on.
Usually, upon moving faster than 5mph, they switch off and console returns to normal operation.
The cameras stayed on even when I got on the freeway.
I couldn't get it to turn off and the screen was unresponsive.
I noticed my bluetooth was not working properly either.
I tried to quickly turn off my vehicle (while stopped on side of road) and turn back on but it didn't fix it.
Eventually I had to turn off vehicle and leave off for a few minutes for it to return to normal.

Just wanted to share, just in case this happens to others so they don't freak out (or as much as I did).
Strange coincidence, mine did the same thing a few days ago. I think that's the first time that's happened, in the 6 months I've had the car. The issue resolved itself after parking and leaving on the return trip.

·
Registered
624 Posts
This has happened to me as well, I posted about it a few weeks ago. Looks like Chevy has a legitimate bug on their hands. Is there any way to file a bug report other than taking it to the dealer? I’d love to give feedback, but I’m not wasting my time with that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Happened to me too also. Had leave vehicle off for a little while and completely exit the car to resolve.

It was cool for a while driving at lower speeds to see what's behind you...but as I approached higher speeds the lane separator markings whizzing up on the display became very distracting and not having access to other menu options was glad once it reset back.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
With so many automated/computer driven systems in modern cars, the automotive industry needs put a mechanism in place where end users can report bugs that crop up only occasionally. The problem with the current dealer service model is that it sucks for occasional issues that you can't re-create at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Sounds like the Infotainment software is still running 13.x.x. You'll need to take it into the dealer and the following TSB performed to bring it up to 14.x.x.

17-NA-071 Various Vision Camera and Radio System Issues
Conditions:
Some customers may comment on any of the following concerns:

•Camera icon “grayed” out under 8 KPH.
•Some personalization options lost or changed such as favorite stations, source, screen color/theme, etc.
•Intermittent blank display on start-up that returns when shifted to reverse or key cycled.
•Vision camera stays on.
•Vision camera screen intermittently appears when a phone with Android Auto is plugged in instead of the Android Auto screen.
•Time on the top of the home screen and home widget do not match.
•No audio after unplugging a phone with Apple CarPlay.
•The radio may reset following a bluetooth phone call

Correction: A software update for the A11 Radio released on Feb 6 2017 is to be applied via TIS2WEB's USB Copy/ USB File Transfer updating method (not via DLC SPS programming)

·
Registered
624 Posts
This happened on software version 14.1 (I think, definitely 14.something and I’m 5000 miles away and can’t check right now) for me. Not sure what version the radio is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This happened to me once too , so far I have driven about 2000 miles.
It was about 1000 miles mark when it happened but has not happened again.
I did not know the reset buttons at the time so when upon my driving but had no access to any radio.
Got to my destination and turned off the engine. When I return and started the car later, everything was fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checkedmy software in sertings and it statedIhave latest version. Problem has not come back since.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I checkedmy software in sertings and it statedIhave latest version. Problem has not come back since.
What version did it state? If it was 13.x, you don't have the latest. You have to bring the car into the dealer for the update. Over the air updates are not enabled currently. It will happily tell you that you have the latest when in fact you don't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was 14.xx and there is a way to connect to home wifi and check for update. When I did that, came cack with message "you have latest version". Leads me to believe was just a mommentary gremlin if and when it occurs abd for those who are not up to date, that you can do it yourself without dealership stop. Maybe it will be resolved in next update of infotainment. Lets hope so.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My Ram has the 8.4 system and it was updated using the radio system.
I wish GM would pull their head out of their Arse.

I can also go to the U Connect website and get updates. It's a simple USB download that you plug into the system and update it. I was shacked to see the over air update pop up last week.

It did it all by itself :nerd:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also just experienced this camera issue for the first time today since buying the car in April. I also confirmed my Bolt is running version 14.1.0. Rebooting the infotainment system resolved the issue while I was sitting at a stop sign.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone have an update in this issue? Happens to me quite often, though I have not been able to figure out how to reproduce it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts