Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a video and I've slotted out a section to talk about tapering. I would love to include a shot of the dash where the tapering is visible in the DIC, showing the kW drop while the car is on. Preferably a static, locked off, shot in a 100 Amp or more DCFC dropping from 33-34 kW (or more if a faster charger) down to 24 kW. Preferably HD quality. Curious if anyone has that footage and would be willing to share it. I know it's a really specific ask, so I'm not expecting it, but I don't fast charge often so I thought I'd try to save myself the time and energy by asking the community. I'd be happy to credit anyone who has it in the final piece.

If not, I'll probably just do it when myself when my father visits. Show him how it's done and try to convert him.

·
Registered
685 Posts
not from me but a very recent one, lots more very similar on youtube...
https://youtu.be/1DeulyOZt7k

Time Stamps for this session:
2:40 - Plugging in
3:35 - Touchscreen issues
4:00 - Timelapse of 16-75% state of charge
5:01 - Torque Pro app at 20 mins in
5:20 - Torque Pro app at 25 mins in
5:32 - Taper down #1 (at 50-55%) and cost if we were to unplug at this point
5:38 - Torque Pro app at 30 mins in
5:58 - Torque Pro app at 35 mins in
6:12 - Torque Pro app at 40 mins in
6:35 - Taper down #2 (at 65-70%) and cost if we were to unplug at this point
6:53 - Torque Pro app at 48 mins in
7:12 - Back to video/discussing session results 75-80%
8:44 - Shutting down at 80%
9:30 - Unplugging + charge session cost breakdown

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'll reach out directly to him. Appreciate the help. Hadn't come across that one in my search.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Vertiformed.
I think I got what I needed. Appreciate your response.
I noted the slower speed in that vid, but I'm was looking for something that would more closely match a 100 amp station taper, so what wonderbolt turned me towards works (especially because I was looking for something with a view of the DIC). Reached out to the video owner and he was very kind.

Haven't had the pleasure of charging at those high levels of power though, so it's fun to see the possibilities. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're so ready to help! Such a great quality in a forum member.
Thanks.
I actually came across @Zoomit's Taper-Point Graphs a year ago. Been trying to up my post count on this forum so I can send him a private message about using the data from those in the video. But I didn't just want to fill the forum with garbage posts to meet the 15 post quota, so it's taking me a little longer than expected.
Will peruse the graphs you've put together as well. I think I may have come across some of them in my searches as well. Love that stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts