Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the steps I can do to crash the home screen. Happens each time I do this:

1) Tune to any SiriusXM content channel
2) Turn off the car for several minutes (needs to fully shut down)
3) Turn on the car
4) When the Home screen comes up and SiriusXM displays, hit the Tune button
5) Tap: 0 This will change to the radio ID channel

Now that left side of the screen, with the number pad for tuning will be stuck. Pressing the physical Home button does nothing. Pressing Settings, and then Home again shows the left side of the screen being grey. It'll stay this way until I power off the car.

Such a weird bug...

·
Registered
174 Posts
My home screen crashed before I left the dealer...froze on home screen and backup cam didn't come on in reverse the first time I ever backed the car up. Didn't hit anything! : ) Then the system rebooted itself after I'd put it in drive and was going down the road. Hasn't happened since. Was kinda wondering if an over the air update might have been taking place? Has anyone seen an update notice?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
No idea if Chevy has issued an update for this problem, maybe they aren't even aware of it. Best to let the dealer know and see if they can pass the problem along.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm surprised there aren't more comments here... my infotainment center crashes occasionally -- and I brought it in for a software update in March (for a related issue). When it crashes, the infotainment center is unresponsive. If the radio is on, it can't be turned off, nor can the volume be adjusted. All climate controls are unresponsive (as the touchscreen is entirely unresponsive). Even turning off the car doesn't fix it unless it stays off for about 20-30 seconds (when a timeout shuts off the console). I'll bring it in to the dealer next week to see if they have a fix.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Even turning off the car doesn't fix it unless it stays off for about 20-30 seconds (when a timeout shuts off the console).
Quick tip: you can force a reboot of the infotainment system by holding down both the "Home" and "Next" physical buttons for 10 seconds. Much simpler than turning the car off and on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This just happened to me today. Screen froze as I was driving, completely unresponsive. Couldn't turn off defrost, change screens, etc. Then a few minutes later it came back to life. Weird. Fortunately I was on a rural road and didn't crash while trying to play with the system. First real bug of my new Bolt experience.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Quick tip: you can force a reboot of the infotainment system by holding down both the "Home" and "Next" physical buttons for 10 seconds. Much simpler than turning the car off and on.
Yep, did this when I had a loss of HVAC GUI-based feedback/controls after my "Service Vehicle" light came on and I couldn't shift out of park. The 2-finger-salute gave me back my HVAC GUI controls.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Infotainment crash

I've had exactly the same thing happen, but only one time. On advice from the dealer, I reported it to Chevy via their online service number. I got the impression that all the service person did was take down the information and not actually send it to anyone who could do something about it.
One would hope there will be a software update to fix the bug.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I've had my Bolt for nearly three months and have yet to get a frozen infotainment system. But I listen to one regular radio station and never change channels. Also on software version 14.1.0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts