Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used 2017 Bolts are (or were) being sold for $16,000-ish. If these are going to receive 3rd generation batteries (with longer range), then I will take the .014% risk while saving approx 50%. Please convince me otherwise.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I did exactly this. Just bought a 2017 last week off lease from independent dealer. Expecting a new battery in due time. I bought it BECAUSE of the recall.
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies, . . .
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And — which is more — you’ll be a Man, my son!
jack vines

·
Registered
'17 Bolt Premier
51 Posts
I bought my '17 Bolt during the first stop sale, knowing that this day was a possibility. I didn't buy this car because I thought GM would do the right thing. I bought this car because I knew that our government would force GM to do the right thing. I've been through fire recalls before, and the eventual lawsuit settlement paid off in the form of a free engine, free rental car, and free engine warranty for life.
To my knowledge, the early '22s already in the field will get the deal, but don't bet on any new '22s sold after the stop sale to get any extended warranty. Just look at Hyundai. They kept selling their shoddy 2.4 and 2.0T engines after the problems came to light in 2016 (**** they still sell them) and the ones from like '18 or '19 up are (mostly) excluded from the extended warranties and lawsuit settlements. My '17 Sorento just barely made the cut. The people who bought late missed out on the all you can eat engine buffet.

In short, if you want to gamble, buy a car already in the wild (from a private seller or non-GM lot), with some miles on it, and don't wait for a new one after the stop sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts