97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are all on this blog at work...

:p

Roll Call!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm teaching covid at home first grade elementary school... definitely at work, definitely not getting paid.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Most of the time at home... but yes, I do visit on my work hours on occasions.
And I did not have the comfort of working from home.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premium - Metallic Grey
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely, but I'm a GM parts guy....so its "research".
Ok. Considering there have been only 50k Bolt's sold in 3-4 years in USA.
What does the service parts supply look like?

Will there really be enough battery packs when we all hit 150k miles?
Will the cost (currently $16,000) for a battery pack go down in the next few years?
Will GM stop supporting service parts for the Bolt considering how little sales there is?

Tell me o' wise guru of GM parts.

·
1,627 Posts
Your lucky day, it goes down $4000 just for asking:
Thanks for this link.

Was wondering about a replacement pack cost should I keep my Bolt for longer than 400K miles :cool:. By then, surely it will drop another 25-50%, my daily commute need has been all but eliminated thanks to COVID, and will likely remain so for the next few years (aka the remaining duration of my career). So, I may not outlive my car.

@JClay I don't expect a rush on replacement packs "when we all hit 150K miles". More likely, many Bolts will be retired when they reach 200-300k miles, and will still have 85-90% of their original capacity. These packs will undoubtedly enjoy new life as grid storage, or be recycled leading to even lower pack prices.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for this link.

Was wondering about a replacement pack cost should I keep my Bolt for longer than 400K miles :cool:. By then, surely it will drop another 25-50%, my daily commute need has been all but eliminated thanks to COVID, and will likely remain so for the next few years (aka the remaining duration of my career). So, I may not outlive my car.

@JClay I don't expect a rush on replacement packs "when we all hit 150K miles". More likely, many Bolts will be retired when they reach 200-300k miles, and will still have 85-90% of their original capacity. These packs will undoubtedly enjoy new life as grid storage, or be recycled leading to even lower pack prices.
That's reassuring. Thank you. 😌

·
Registered
598 Posts
Ok. Considering there have been only 50k Bolt's sold in 3-4 years in USA.
What does the service parts supply look like?

Will there really be enough battery packs when we all hit 150k miles?
Will the cost (currently $16,000) for a battery pack go down in the next few years?
Will GM stop supporting service parts for the Bolt considering how little sales there is?

Tell me o' wise guru of GM parts.

Actually this is not correct. There have been around 72K+ Bolts sold in the US and 92K+ worldwide.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that's if you replace the whole battery. Modules are $2500 and might fix the battery if you just have one bad cell.
Do modules have specific part numbers? I didn't think it was possible to open the battery pack?

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
839 Posts
The Boss is coming!
Everybody look busy !!!

Reactions: micantony

·
1,627 Posts
Do modules have specific part numbers? I didn't think it was possible to open the battery pack?
Look at Weber Auto's you tube series, they tear down a Bolt pack. Yes, it is possible to replace modules, even a few threads on this forum that discuss warranty work doing just this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts