Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remote start seems to turn the lights on, does it just keep whatever climate settings you had when you turned the car off? Leaf can set a temperature remotely (when it decides to work that is...), and the heated seats are on a rocker switch so they'll be high low or off whatever you left them when you turned the car off last. But with the "smarter" switches for the heated-cooled seats in the EUV, I'm guessing I can't do that. But would like to say set the heat on high or a certain temperature for 15 minutes while I'm getting dressed, or eventually the AC this summer.

· Registered
2023 Bolt Premier with sun&sound
100 Posts
From the EUV manual:

"The climate control system will use the previous settings during a remote start. The rear defog may come on during remote start based on cold ambient conditions. The rear defog indicator light does not come on during a remote start."

The app only lets you remote start the car, not adjust anything in climate control.

· Registered
200 Posts
Coming from a 2018 Volt to a 2022 Bolt EUV, I "believe" it works the same way, I have not researched it. But on a remote start IF the climate control was on when the car was turned off, it resumes that setting. IF the climate control was OFF, the car will heat or cool the cabin as it deems necessary when remote started. I CAN confirm that as I am in Arizona and I would make sure the climate control was OFF when I shut down the car. I would remote start it 10 minutes before leaving work and it was very comfortable when I got there.

· Registered
2022 Bolt EV 1LT - Summit White
166 Posts
From the Owner's Manual:

Remote Start Heated Seats
When it is cold outside, the heated seats
can be turned on automatically during a
remote vehicle start.

The heated seats will be canceled when the
vehicle is started. If the auto heated seats
are enabled in vehicle personalization, the
seat heating level will automatically change
to the level required by the vehicle's interior
temperature when the vehicle is on.
The temperature performance of an
unoccupied seat may be reduced. This is
normal.

The heated seats will not turn on during a
remote start unless the heated seat feature
is enabled. See Vehicle Personalization ->

Auto Heated Seats
When enabled, this feature will
automatically activate the heated seats at
the level required by the interior
temperature. The auto heated seats can be
turned off by using the heated seat buttons
on the center console.

· Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
5,483 Posts
From the EUV manual:

"The climate control system will use the previous settings during a remote start. The rear defog may come on during remote start based on cold ambient conditions. The rear defog indicator light does not come on during a remote start."

The app only lets you remote start the car, not adjust anything in climate control.
What? It was in the OWNER'S MANUAL?!?:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts