Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Just say this article that suggests Chevy dealerships are now taking orders. Trying to confirm this with my local dealership:
The highly anticipated 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV – already the recipient of numerous awards even before it is commercially available, and the subject of a recent auto123.com road test– can now be ordered at dealerships in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia. It will be made available in the rest of Canada over the coming 12 months.

Anyone else able to confirm this?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Depends on which part of Canada you're in. The dealership close to me couldn't give me a straight answer about taking custom orders...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Did they give you an estimated delivery date? would be good for Canadian forum members to get a general idea of when the Bolt will be released.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bolt orders

I just ordered from Budds in Oakville. Didn't get in on their first allocation so don't know when it will come in.
Salesman said could be Mar or Apr so may not have to worry about winter tires until next fall!:

·
Registered
732 Posts
I just ordered from Budds in Oakville. Didn't get in on their first allocation so don't know when it will come in.
Salesman said could be Mar or Apr so may not have to worry about winter tires until next fall!:
Out of curiosity I started looking into the options we have and it's quite extensive. Going from what I heard and my own experience; Michelin X-ICE XI3 or Pirelli Winiter Sottozero 3's are what i'll be choosing from.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
For some reason, I don't see the Michelin X-ICE XI3 or Pirelli Winiter Sottozero 3 listed as an option on the Canadian site. I'm guessing those are options only the dealership can tell me about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered a Silver Bolt EV Premier (with both options) on Dec. 2 from Reaume Chevy in LaSalle, ON. I was 1st out of the 3 vehicles they have allotted. No updates yet on estimated delivery, but I just confirmed with GM that it has NOT been built yet. FYI the dealer is only 72km from the plant in Orion, MI.

As for the EVSE, I got a ChargePoint Home 32 Amp, 25' cord, Hardwired Station (CPH25-L25) from Auto Chargers. They were 15% off up to December 21st.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've contacted a dealership in Sarnia, ON. I live 125 miles west of there near Lansing. I live 'chatted' with somebody and they're going to pass my info and questions off to a sales rep. We'll see what they have to say.

Dayle

·
Registered
6 Posts
British Columbia Order

I ordered a Black Bolt Premier with all options from Dueck in Vancouver British Columbia at the beginning of December.
There was no pricing or info on delivery.
They said to check back at the end of January for an update on the order.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just received an email from a dealership in Ontario. They told me they could sell me a car but the warranty would be voided once it crossed the border. That closes that avenue.

Dayle

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I ordered a Black Bolt Premier with all options from Dueck in Vancouver British Columbia at the beginning of December.
There was no pricing or info on delivery.
They said to check back at the end of January for an update on the order.
Odd that they wouldn't give you any pricing info since the Bolt's MSRP is already out.

I just received an email from a dealership in Ontario. They told me they could sell me a car but the warranty would be voided once it crossed the border. That closes that avenue.

Dayle
Were you thinking of buying a Bolt in Canada and having it shipped south of the border?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Odd that they wouldn't give you any pricing info since the Bolt's MSRP is already out.

Were you thinking of buying a Bolt in Canada and having it shipped south of the border?
Yes.....I live 125 miles from Sarnia, ON and if such a deal could be worked out, I would be all for it. But "shipped south" is misleading......I'd drive it west to my home. As it turns out, there's no way to make this happen.

In an odd ironic twist, Bolts are built here in MI but GM doesn't want to offer them here.....yet. I'm told by three different MI dealers that it'll be a year or more before they're available here. I don't want to wait that long. Over the holidays i was explaining my purchasing conundrum to a friend and he said...."You live close to Canada....see if they'll sell you one"...so I checked it out.

Dayle

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes.....I live 125 miles from Sarnia, ON and if such a deal could be worked out, I would be all for it. But "shipped south" is misleading......I'd drive it west to my home. As it turns out, there's no way to make this happen.

In an odd ironic twist, Bolts are built here in MI but GM doesn't want to offer them here.....yet. I'm told by three different MI dealers that it'll be a year or more before they're available here. I don't want to wait that long. Over the holidays i was explaining my purchasing conundrum to a friend and he said...."You live close to Canada....see if they'll sell you one"...so I checked it out.

Dayle
Not in California or Oregon and looking for a Chevy Bolt EV? Here is GM’s roll-out schedule:

EVs are currently in transit to California and Oregon
  • a number of Northeast and Mid-Atlantic States including New York, Massachusetts and Virginia will see first deliveries this winter (late January/February)
  • Bolt EVs arrive at dealerships in additional major metro markets across the US throughout the first half of 2017
  • nationwide at all certified dealers mid-2017
Dealers, and more particularly salespeople at dealerships, are not always the most reliable source of information.

GM is claiming mid 2017 at the latest - if your dealer steps up the get authorized (~$40K +/-)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Dayle

I doubt that the warranty would be void, best to confirm with GM directly. The other thing to consider is that you would not qualify for the Ontario EV rebate of $12,839 on the LT or $14,000 (CAD) on the Bolt Premier. I don't know if you would still qualify for the $7,500 USD federal tax rebate if you buy the car in Canada...

Either way, your OTD price may still be lower based on the USD/CAD exchange rate. The trick would be to get the dealer to deliver the car to the US/Canada border so that you don't have to pay 13% Ontario tax.

As others have said, it might be easier for you to order one from California/Oregon now, or NY, MA, etc. shortly, or wait until it becomes available in MI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting back to the original topic, I just spoke with the Chevy EV Customer Care Ambassador and can confirm that there are 3 Canadian customers who have TPW (tentative production week) of January 16, 2017! Unfortunately I am not one of them, but I am hoping that I am not too far behind...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I doubt that the warranty would be void, best to confirm with GM directly. The other thing to consider is that you would not qualify for the Ontario EV rebate of $12,839 on the LT or $14,000 (CAD) on the Bolt Premier. I don't know if you would still qualify for the $7,500 USD federal tax rebate if you buy the car in Canada...

Either way, your OTD price may still be lower based on the USD/CAD exchange rate. The trick would be to get the dealer to deliver the car to the US/Canada border so that you don't have to pay 13% Ontario tax.

As others have said, it might be easier for you to order one from California/Oregon now, or NY, MA, etc. shortly, or wait until it becomes available in MI.
Back in mid December I reached out to a Chevy dealer in the Buffalo area and we've discussed buying one there. Buffalo is about 400 miles and would require stopping for a charge. The good news is that I have friends in the Cleveland area who can help me with that facet of the operation.

Dayle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Availability in Toronto

I couldn't order one through my usual dealership, City, because they had already sold all of their allotment and didn't think that dealers could get more than that in 2017. I therefore ordered mine just before Christmas from Old Mill, who said that they still had some to go. I ordered mine without ever visiting the dealership (email, bank transfer, etc.). $5000 deposit. Didn't even try to dicker over price... it seemed futile. Expected delivery wasn't known, but the rep guessed March.

BTW, 2 days ago while I was in LA on vacation, I stopped into a large Chevy dealership and got to sit in one. They were sold out too, and this was just a customer's new car waiting for pickup. Don't know why it wasn't locked.

Can't wait for it to arrive!:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts