Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dealer called me confirming the new battery just arrived. I have an appointment on Thursday (Nov 4) to have it replaced. Dealer will set me up with a rental. I have a strong feeling I might be one of the first cars they perform the replacement for so I won’t rush them if they need more than a day to verify everything.
Dropped the car off this morning for the battery replacement. They said they’re aiming to have it ready by end of day today.

They asked me time and date when car was last charged.

They also hooked me with a Malibu rental in the meantime.

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
Mine's done.
Old one on sticker label 57kwh
New one 64kwh
Old one on Telek PID/TorquePro - Bat Cap Est = 54-ish (I looked just before I went in)
New one = 62.2

The charge to 100% didn't stop even though Batt % DIC = 100%
HBATT = 96.0000
Bat Cap Raw = 194.3
Min Cell V = 4.1400
Max Cell V = 4.1598

The taper may have been longer drawn out staying in the teens well into the 90's...but not certain as I haven't been up that high for a while.

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
Did they give you this?
No. Never heard or read about that process. I had to sign a couple things but not given anything other than like a completed work order.
That would have sucked. The car was certainly in less than 15. I will end up following the second step (other than the rest) though.
The charge was interrupted and the service manager was peeved and plugged me back in as we both understood it had to go to 100%.
Then I drove 2 hours home using 45%.

Thanks for that. Oh well. Maybe I'll be the first swap to ignite.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No. Never heard or read about that process. I had to sign a couple things but not given anything other than like a completed work order.
That would have sucked. The car was certainly in less than 15. I will end up following the second step (other than the rest) though.
The charge was interrupted and the service manager was peeved and plugged me back in as we both understood it had to go to 100%.
Then I drove 2 hours home using 45%.

Thanks for that. Oh well. Maybe I'll be the first swap to ignite.
It was on the Bolt FB group. A memeber got his swap and his dealer documented the whole process in pictures then gave him the page with the charge instructions. Good dealer I think.

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
It was on the Bolt FB group. A memeber got his swap and his dealer documented the whole process in pictures then gave him the page with the charge instructions. Good dealer I think.
Oh...FB...so not official? And I don't do no stinkin' FB. :) I guess I should review all the documents. It would, of course, apply to northern climes for half the year as to why maybe I don't recall hearing about it here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh...FB...so not official? And I don't do no stinkin' FB. :) I guess I should review all the documents. It would, of course, apply to northern climes for half the year as to why maybe I don't recall hearing about it here.
Ha, I hate FB but I need Marketplace to find firewood every year as all the sellers jumped off Kijiji to there.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Engineering Wood

Engineering Event Machine Musician Metal

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Gas Motor vehicle

Gas Engineering Automotive wheel system Machine Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

That's the photo dump from the post. ended with the Document one.

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
So I reviewed the RCSD-21V560-3056 document from NHTSA of Oct/21 Rev 00 that I happened to have downloaded. I don't know about other instructions. I didn't see any documents on Transport Canada.
Page 26 says "If the customer is not waiting, charge the vehicle to full capacity." So it would seem they don't even need to fully charge it up.
It mentions some documents in the crate but I assume that would be the same. Yes...assume.
So I don't know.

Thanks for the pics. I like that empty underside pic.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So I reviewed the RCSD-21V560-3056 document from NHTSA of Oct/21 Rev 00 that I happened to have downloaded. I don't know about other instructions. I didn't see any documents on Transport Canada.
Page 26 says "If the customer is not waiting, charge the vehicle to full capacity." So it would seem they don't even need to fully charge it up.
It mentions some documents in the crate but I assume that would be the same. Yes...assume.
So I don't know.

Thanks for the pics. I like that empty underside pic.
They were pretty neat, He's in the US so there is a possibility the instructions could differ between Canada and USA but not sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine is still at the shop and I saw in the app they left it charging with their DCFC overnight. I'll show them the picture @Maritime attached and ask if it applies to my car.
Got the car back. Service advisor said he wasn’t familiar with that document. Suggested it was probably an American guideline but said “it won’t hurt if you follow it” 🙄

Other than that, the process was quite straight forward. Battery has a 64Kwh sticker that says it’s an “N2.2 Module”

I’m quite happy with the battery replacement process.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
104 Posts
Got the car back. Service advisor said he wasn’t familiar with that document. Suggested it was probably an American guideline but said “it won’t hurt if you follow it” 🙄
Oh Yes, that would make sense since the American batteries are so much different than the Canadian batteries, something happens when they cross the border and hence a different procedure is required.
I wish people would just be mature enough to say they don't know, not sure, I haven't seen it before and I'll find out for you.

·
Registered
2019 Bolt Premier
8 Posts
My recall notice on my Chevy page just went to N212343881 Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. I phoned the EV concierge and they told me I had to wait until it changes from INCOMPLETE to 'Open' before a part can be ordered and I can do anything else. I haven't noticed that being stated anywhere else. Does that sound right? (I'm in Toronto Ontario, 2019 MIK Build Sept 2018, 15,000 km. No extreme charging patterns).

What I question is this additional step of the status changing to 'Open'. I haven't seen this in anyone else's account, nor does it tally with the actual GM page, where there is no mention of it. GM page says:

"My vehicle has a recall and/or program, and the status reads: "INCOMPLETE."
What do I do next'
If the status field states “INCOMPLETE” and your vehicle is a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, HUMMER or Saturn, please contact a Certified Service Dealer to schedule a service appointment or order parts.

No mention of waiting until it changes from "INCOMPLETE." to "OPEN".

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
Talk to a different person. Or at a different time. They have their facts wrong. Believe the gm info...not a call centre agent. Or call a dealer. They might be able to do it all for you depending on how helpful they might want to be. It's pretty plain English. Incomplete.
If you have several dealers within a distance you wish to go then find out their lead time. Then pick the one with the fastest lead time.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts