Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Bolt Premier
103 Posts
Thanks for all the info and photos.
As of last night the GM site still has me as incomplete remedy not yet available.
Mine is a 06/18 build with a MIK 24289545 battery.
I called my dealer yesterday and the service manager says he is running the VIN every other day of all the Bolts they sold and says he will call me when my VIN status changes.
I am in no hurry as I have a 60Km daily commute and level 1 charge nightly to hilltop and I’m not sure I want to be the dealer’s first.
I don’t have the torque app but so far feel I don’t really need the battery information, any one have an opinion of the actual usefulness of torque compared to a plain code scanner I already have?

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
Thanks for all the info and photos.
As of last night the GM site still has me as incomplete remedy not yet available.
Mine is a 06/18 build with a MIK 24289545 battery.
I called my dealer yesterday and the service manager says he is running the VIN every other day of all the Bolts they sold and says he will call me when my VIN status changes.
I am in no hurry as I have a 60Km daily commute and level 1 charge nightly to hilltop and I’m not sure I want to be the dealer’s first.
I don’t have the torque app but so far feel I don’t really need the battery information, any one have an opinion of the actual usefulness of torque compared to a plain code scanner I already have?
You can check it yourself too on the mychevrolet site. That's where I noticed that it changed to just Incomplete. Off I went.
Fellow Canadian Telek here made a list of the interpreted codes. It's kinda cool if you're at all technically inclined but I don't keep it going the whole time. But I did watch things on the final full charge. Which as of this writing doesn't seem to be actually required.

·
Premium Member
2018 Bolt Premier
103 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Bolt Premier
103 Posts
You can check it yourself too on the mychevrolet site. That's where I noticed that it changed to just Incomplete. Off I went.
Fellow Canadian Telek here made a list of the interpreted codes. It's kinda cool if you're at all technically inclined but I don't keep it going the whole time. But I did watch things on the final full charge. Which as of this writing doesn't seem to be actually required.
I have been looking at the recall site since the recall came out but thought it was worth mentioning that my dealer’s CSM is checking for his customers. The car set a few codes when I was experiencing the ever popular shifting out of park problem, the scanner I have read and defined the codes and then I was able to delete them and drive on.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
104 Posts
For Canada use instructions:
If in the province of Quebec then cussing at the crate must be performed in French. Optional in New Brunswick.
Agreed....except that New Brunswick being perfectly bilingual, I am sure they will cuss in both official languages without demonstrating a preference for either one.

Reactions: Maritime

·
Registered
95 Posts
Got the car back. Service advisor said he wasn’t familiar with that document. Suggested it was probably an American guideline but said “it won’t hurt if you follow it” 🙄

Other than that, the process was quite straight forward. Battery has a 64Kwh sticker that says it’s an “N2.2 Module”

I’m quite happy with the battery replacement process.
Forgot to add… this is what I got from the service department after the job was done.

Font Material property Handwriting Paper Paper product

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
My recall notice on my Chevy page just went to N212343881 Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. I phoned the EV concierge and they told me I had to wait until it changes from INCOMPLETE to 'Open' before a part can be ordered and I can do anything else. I haven't noticed that being stated anywhere else. Does that sound right?
Here's my guess: "Open" is an internal status that you won't see in your recall instructions, but which is flagged for your car when you go to your dealer and they start the process of ordering a battery for you. I'd advise you to go ahead and do that.

·
Registered
2019 Bolt Premier
8 Posts
Here's my guess: "Open" is an internal status that you won't see in your recall instructions, but which is flagged for your car when you go to your dealer and they start the process of ordering a battery for you. I'd advise you to go ahead and do that.
Yes, I was sure she was wrong, so I contacted my dealer on Friday; they'll arrange everything on Monday. That I would be told that by the "EV Concierge" is astonishing. If I weren't on all the forums, I might have waited for it to change to 'open', which would happen right around the time that pigs fly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I was sure she was wrong, so I contacted my dealer on Friday; they'll arrange everything on Monday. That I would be told that by the "EV Concierge" is astonishing. If I weren't on all the forums, I might have waited for it to change to 'open', which would happen right around the time that pigs fly.
My status changed to INCOMPLETE today on my 2019 (may). Guess I’ll call on Monday as well, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes. 2021 owner who will see that change sometime in late 2022 LOL. I'm fine with that. We are now parking in garage with a new smoke detector linked to one in the bedroom, using delayed charging to be complete when we are awake. Can live with that for now as we pile on the kms until replacement.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
103 Posts
Yes. 2021 owner who will see that change sometime in late 2022 LOL. I'm fine with that. We are now parking in garage with a new smoke detector linked to one in the bedroom, using delayed charging to be complete when we are awake. Can live with that for now as we pile on the kms until replacement.
I agree with you .The later the better.Just hope we do not get a refurbished battery.

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
Ok. Got this cleared up.

After the steps in the "01" instructions and internal steps being done as mentioned on page 24 regarding the learn process:
The tech will look for some numbers. We can see these numbers too with access to the vehicle.

If the Telek default TorquePro PID name Batt Cap Raw = 194.31 (depending on how many digits the field displays) then return vehicle to the customer. This is found on the internal document of the pic earlier just above in step 8.
If not then as with the main part of step 9 just above the bullet points of the pic the tech can either fully charge the vehicle or return it to the customer with some tips that mention the temperature conditions posted in the pic.

I saw the 194.3 when full. I was not aware to look for this number when the charging started.

The fact that they handed the car to me when charging says to me that it was fine. But me and the manager agreed somehow that we thought it should be 100%. So I waited.
But I don't believe the dealer is required to keep it overnight. If the tech sees 194.31 then it's done.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
2,322 Posts
Ok. Got this cleared up.

After the steps in the "01" instructions and internal steps being done as mentioned on page 24 regarding the learn process:
The tech will look for some numbers. We can see these numbers too with access to the vehicle.

If the Telek default TorquePro PID name Batt Cap Raw = 194.31 (depending on how many digits the field displays) then return vehicle to the customer. This is found on the internal document of the pic earlier just above in step 8.
If not then as with the main part of step 9 just above the bullet points of the pic the tech can either fully charge the vehicle or return it to the customer with some tips that mention the temperature conditions posted in the pic.

I saw the 194.3 when full. I was not aware to look for this number when the charging started.

The fact that they handed the car to me when charging says to me that it was fine. But me and the manager agreed somehow that we thought it should be 100%. So I waited.
But I don't believe the dealer is required to keep it overnight. If the tech sees 194.31 then it's done.
That doesn't make sense to me. That PID doesn't really change as the battery is charged or discharged. It's a calculated estimate of the capacity of the battery, not its state of charge...?

·
Registered
username LT
868 Posts
That doesn't make sense to me. That PID doesn't really change as the battery is charged or discharged. It's a calculated estimate of the capacity of the battery, not its state of charge...?
I didn't say state of charge? We're talking about a whole new battery so there's something in the learn process that figures out or derives or gives it the value.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I didn't say state of charge? We're talking about a whole new battery so there's something in the learn process that figures out or derives or gives it the value.
Yes, so they know the battery has the correct capacity and will be fine. So SOC isn't the only criteria. Basically of they BMS says this battery will give 194.3+ your GTG.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
It sounds to me like this is just a kind of sanity check test that confirms the vehicle's computers are talking to the BMS in the new battery. The BMS is probably what produces that OBD value, and the 194.3 is probably the default figure fresh from the factory. So if OBD reports the figure, you know the battery is connected (well, the low voltage control circuits anyway) and the car is talking to it.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts