Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the market for a premier with both packages, and did some shopping around via e-mail (pricing was all over the place and several dealers didn't want to play ball, but a few quickly dropped down to ~$320/mo zero drive off for a 10k). Checked on a one-pay and it came out a fair bit cheaper due to the greatly reduced money factor (final negotiated one-pay was ~$9500 - the equivalent of ~$260/mo). Settled on a dealer who wasn't quite the cheapest price, but was closer and easier to work with, and at what I thought was a very fair price.
I go to pick up my car, and the salesman says "I know we settled on a price, but as we were writing up the contract we found another $500 rebate for you. So we're going to include that in your final contract." I'm not exactly going to complain at them choosing to drop to a price well under the other dealers I had talked to. So we do all of the signing and I write the check and he takes the papers back to the business office and they check over everything and he comes back and says, "Man, I really hate to keep doing this to you, but they just noticed one other thing we can do to drop your cost a little more." And they give me another $270 off. He asked me to leave with the car quickly before he found any more money to give me. I have never had a dealer twice try to take less money for car than I'd negotiated (particularly when I'd already had them drop quite a bit off the initial offer). Anyone in central New York should head over to Herkimer for perhaps the most honest dealership I've ever dealt with. Left with a one-pay number around $8700 for the premier (equivalent to ~$240/mo!).
Now if they could do something about those seats.... (Not horrific, but not the most comfortable, by far)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Similar story: Bought a Premier out of state in May (Bolt not sold in WV until Sep. with Nov/Dec delivery). Wanted Premier trim, a specific color, DCFC, and the 2 performance packages, but NOT the sound upgrade ($395 I think). Went to pick up the EV and was told that the only one they could find HAD the sound system upgrade. They did not charge me a penny for that "not contracted for" feature. All-in-all fair dealings at Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Frederick MD.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just from memory, details might be a little different: The showroom Bolt I saw - north of San Francisco - showed on the sticker a premium price for red paint. As I recall some $400.

Has anyone gotten that bogus option ignored in determining price?

·
Registered
989 Posts
LOL! I've had motorcycle dealers try to charge extra for different colors :eek:
Although, this is on the MSRP on the Bolt. Good luck getting them to delete it.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Just from memory, details might be a little different: The showroom Bolt I saw - north of San Francisco - showed on the sticker a premium price for red paint. As I recall some $400.

Has anyone gotten that bogus option ignored in determining price?
Yeah, that's not a dealer mark-up so it's unlikely you'll be able to avoid paying it unless you can negotiate a general discount on the MSRP. It's not at all unusual in the car industry for some paints to have a premium price, presumably because they require extra coating steps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts