Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide on a color, Nightfall Gray, Cajun Red or Kinetic Blue...thinking Kinetic Blue may be a bit too 'out there' and of course, luck would have it, that's the ONE color Bolt available in the area right now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ahhh, the struggle every buyer has with a new car. Really can't help you with it as you'll be the one staring at the Bolt for a few years at the end of the day. Maybe think about which color you'd like to be in a few years down the road?

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Can't decide on a color, Nightfall Gray, Cajun Red or Kinetic Blue...thinking Kinetic Blue may be a bit too 'out there' and of course, luck would have it, that's the ONE color Bolt available in the area right now. :rolleyes:
Why is a blue car "out there"? When did blue become wild and crazy? If you like blue, get the blue. It's gorgeous. If you don't really like blue, then wait, or travel to get the color you do like. Don't buy the blue one just because it's closest to you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wanted the Kinetic Blue or the white but got instantly vetoed by my wife who picked Cajun Red. I'm trading in my Jag for this car. Why did she get to pick the colour? [stands up from computer] "Oh honey! We have something to discuss" [returns with black eye] Red it is.

Hahahaha

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I wanted the Kinetic Blue or the white but got instantly vetoed by my wife who picked Cajun Red. I'm trading in my Jag for this car. Why did she get to pick the colour? [stands up from computer] "Oh honey! We have something to discuss" [returns with black eye] Red it is.

Hahahaha
Sounds about right ;)

But I don't think the blue is too out there. The red looks super nice in my opinion though. A lot deeper than I thought it was.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Seems like most people are leaning towards Cajun Red or Kinetic Blue and both of them are great colors. If dealerships near you have them available in person, maybe go see them under the sunlight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They are both great colors! I like them both.
I am undecided between Nightfall Gray and Kinetic Blue if I go with a Bolt.

I am waiting for more details on the Model 3 later this year which is supposedly around the start of production in July.

I am 23,3XX on the waiting list and also have almost $2K on my GM Rewards card of which $1K can be used towards a BOLT. I am on the east coast just outside NYC. I can wait for the Model 3 as my 2013 Volt currently gives me 99% EV, now that I take a bus to work and just drive to the bus stop since. My Employer moved offices into NYC.

Comparing the two, I am really starting to love the look of the Model 3 and the Supercharging network is an added plus. Lately, if I know I need to take over a 50 mile round trip drive I swap cars with the wife or my son.

I will be getting either the Model 3 or Bolt Hopefully, by this time next year and my son will get my 2013 Volt.

I want all my driving to be gas free. They recently added Tesla super charging stations near my normal long distance traveling destinations so, I can honestly say I am likely to end up with the Model 3 (being 23,3XX in the reservation list) and after that probably a Model Y for the wife in a few years.

I love my Volt and know it's great condition to let it leave the family.
The wife dose not like the Volt too much because of the lack of back seat space and she is usually shuttling the kids and friends around and is used to a Honda Odyssey. In a few years she will be ready for the Y.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I love my Volt and know it's great condition to let it leave the family.
The wife dose not like the Volt too much because of the lack of back seat space and she is usually shuttling the kids and friends around and is used to a Honda Odyssey. In a few years she will be ready for the Y.
Lucky for Chevy it seems the Volt is attracting more of a younger crowd these days compared to who I noticed was buying during its first years on the market. I think even some of Volt ads these days reflect that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Orange Burst Metallic for me! I was SO GLAD that Chevy offered the Bolt in 3 ACTUAL colors, along with the ubiquitous noncommittal beiges, silvers, whites and such. Cajun red was my second choice, but since I ordered from the factory, I went with the Orange. Matching stitching in the charcoal leather seats too. Love it!

Realized just now that this is my 3rd orange car! I had a 1973 Karmann-Ghia in Clementine and a late 60s Chevy Nova in what I'd describe as "pumpkin".

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Orange Burst Metallic for me! I was SO GLAD that Chevy offered the Bolt in 3 ACTUAL colors, along with the ubiquitous noncommittal beiges, silvers, whites and such. Cajun red was my second choice, but since I ordered from the factory, I went with the Orange. Matching stitching in the charcoal leather seats too. Love it!

Realized just now that this is my 3rd orange car! I had a 1973 Karmann-Ghia in Clementine and a late 60s Chevy Nova in what I'd describe as "pumpkin".
Me too! This type of car wears all kinds of colors well. I hope offer even more in the future.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
Kinetic Blue is what I chose, though I have to say that the Cajun Red would've been a good alternative.

All of our cars are now various shades of blue.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Kinetic Blue is what I chose, though I have to say that the Cajun Red would've been a good alternative.

All of our cars are now various shades of blue.
The blue is a great choice. I absolutely love the red, but we've had too many red cars in the family lately. I'm gunna break the mold and go Orange. >:)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Has anyone here started to think about what colors they would like to see GM introduce on the Bolt EV for the next model year?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Personally, I think anyone driving an electric car should get bright, bold colours. We're driving a unique vehicle and as such, we should try and stand out form the ICE crowd. What better way to promote EV driving as well. When you drive by in your bright colour, people are going to want to know what car that was. :) All the dull colours should be left in the '90's...

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Has anyone here started to think about what colors they would like to see GM introduce on the Bolt EV for the next model year?
Yes! The orange they should have done that currently comes on the Corvette! :mad: On second thought, skip that. If they do come out with that color I'd be bitter. :laugh:

They should add a nice emerald metallic green though. That would be a good addition.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Hey there can you confirm where you have heard the stitching is orange on galvanized grey? My understanding is orange is on the two tone light color, your going to get red stitching on the galvanized grey regardless of the color of your car.

Please let me know if I am wrong

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I picked a color! Midnight silver metallic!

...around 3/18 or so the wife and family hopped in the car and drove about 1.5 hrs up to Lawrenceville, NJ which was the only dealer 'nearby' that had a Bolt in stock that we could test drive. So all 5 of us hopped in and took a little spin. Front seats were OK, but quite narrow, but I could probably get used to it. Elbow room with the wife was a little tight. Kids in the back however were another story, it just wasn't going to work out and the wife wasn't having any of it. So over lunch we discussed things a bit more and we decided to swing by the Tesla store on the way back, it had been an evil plan of mine to do this, but more as something fun to do. Well, 2 hours later and the wife was hooked and wanted to find an in-stock vehicle. I was not ready for that level of spontaneity from her! I ended up ordering a Model S 75D, then a few days later after changing options around I hit an inventory match for a vehicle that was only 2 days out and coming to our store! Panic set in as I realized I did not have an electrician setup to get my wall connector installed!

Anyhow, I have nothing against the Bolt, I think it's a great commuter, but it's just a tight fit with 5 people. It'd make a great 4 person (with capacity to squeeze in 5) vehicle but just wasn't going to fit for our potential uses. GM also put a sour taste in our mouth with the slow roll-out (And not letting us in the vehicle at Epcot).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts