Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like you can't open all the windows remotely via the FOB? There is no such option in any of the vehicle menus. My Volts (Gen 1 and 2) both had this ability. Gen 1 came with it enabled from the factory, and a dealer visit was required to deactivate it. Gen 2 allowed for the function to be toggled on/off in the menus.

Is there any way to actually enable remote window down in the Bolt?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^ Nope! No "all windows down" via the FOB like in the Volt.... and not available on the app either.

I loved that feature on my 2014 Volt and used it every hot summer day before getting in to the Volt.

Now I turn the AC on before shutting down the Bolt and do a remote start via the app before going out to the car.

"All windows down" via the FOB was really useful, but I guess GM read the forum posts by people complaining that they accidentally rolled their windows down during a rainstorm or overnight, whatever... and killed the feature.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well that's just dumb. I wonder if they took out the feature based on Volt owners who unintentionally lowered all the windows down. I think by default the feature is disabled on Volts but I can see some unsuspecting Volt owner messing around with settings without RTFM and one day there are birds sharting all over their interior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts