Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I purchased this custom car cover from carID.com: Covercraft® - Block-It™ 380 Custom Taupe Car Cover. It will arrive by next week, and hope it will keep the Bolt EV protected this California Valley winter.
Cool post. Let us know how well it works. Your one sentence generates many questions. Do you park outdoors at home? Will you use it only at work? How do you keep it from being stolen? Will you plug in under the cover? Will you precondition the cabin while covered? Do you park in sunlight (at work) or shade? Does it only work in sunlight? Does it fold to fit in the trunk? If used for snow protection, does it have a waterproof bag for stowing?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, he new Bolt will have to sit in the driveway, and under a tree which deposits sap. The charging will occur under this custom fit cover, and so I'll need to expose that left front area during those charging times. I wish the custom fit cover were more practical and accommodated a charging cable and an open fuel door.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Perhaps you could make a suggestion to them for something like a Velcro flap for when you need to charge. I know it won't affect the one that's already in the mail, but it'll be good for other who decide to go the Covercraft route. Maybe you can cut a hole and McGuyver a fix yourself.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The custom cover (Covercraft® C18246TT - Block-It™ 380 Custom Taupe Car Cover) arrived today, and it fits perfectly. It has a Velcro flap on the driver side for the charging door and cable. Oddly, there's another Velcro flap on the passenger side, too. The extrusions for the mirrors and roof antenna are good fits.

https://www.carid.com/covercraft/block-it-380-custom-car-cover-mpn-c18246tt.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts