Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess part of it is my fault. I cancelled my extended warranty, so someone lost commission off of that. I also refinanced right after I bought the car, so they again lost money. However, they keep on calling me about servicing and it is annoying. I have never had this issue with Ford, so maybe this dealership is more aggressive with their salespeople.

My car has 7000 miles on it and getting close to the dreaded tire rotation. I told them I might not even have the car serviced at their location because it is 50 miles away from me. I will probably just bring it to my tire place who does it for free because I have a history of buying tires from them. Also my wife is a great client because she can't park a car and destroyed the sidewall of 5 tires in our 9 years of marriage. I wonder if I could somehow ask them to put me on a no call list or I might just block their numbers. I am also kind of disturbed that they get information about my car and know how much mileage I have from OnStar. Is it just my dealership that is annoying or is it common with Chevy?

·
Registered
862 Posts
The service department is what keeps car dealers in business, so they do tend to push a bit to get customers in.

Our local Ford dealer is very persistent in service reminders - and we bought the car used from somewhere else. Once we took it in to handle some recall work, we've been on their list.

You can probably ask to get taken off the call list, and remind them that bad reviews/ratings hurt their business. May help... or maybe not.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
My wife has only managed to destroy 2 sidewalls in 19 years of marriage. One of those sidewall destructions was on a tire with less than 500 miles. Ouch. Tire place was nice about it and gave me a replacement tire at cost and didn't charge me for mounting/balancing again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Chevy dealers suck. I been to few dealers in my life now VW, Honda, Toyota, Ford and many used car dealers. They all were better then the two Chevy dealers I went to recently. They force you to give your number via text chat online. Called me 3 times to confirm a test drive. Day of appointment they said was charged up ready to go. I get there on time no one was available. Made me wait a hour and it wasn't charged. Then after they harassed me calling me several times when said want no phone calls.

Makes me wonder how there service really is if sales is that bad.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think it's down to the dealership and management, there are always going to be dealerships who annoy the heck out of you or have poor customer service. Aside from Lexus, they're generally ranked number one for customer service for a reason.

Can probably start ignoring their calls until they give up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I can't say I've ever had a dealership be that persistent to be honest and I doubt it's because you took their commission away that their even more pushy. They're probably not too fond of that but I don't think it would have pushed them to do that.

Just tell them to take you off the call list and that you'll be getting your vehicle serviced somewhere else.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i think the simplest solution would be to give them your cellphone number, and then when you're done with them, block their number. or even better, get a google hangouts account, and use that as a disposable phone number for things like this.

i did all my haggling online via email, and never gave them my phone number. when i went in to purchase, they asked for my phone number to bring up my record, and were surprised when they didn't have a number attached to it :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Should have gave them one my virtual european number from Europe, lol
Thought if did things though site IM chat I could get away without giving my number. Sounds like e-mail would have been better. They gave some bull **** reason for me to give them my number forgot what it was.
Think im chat and phone calls are routed to some call center or something. You know some fast foot drive though route orders to call centers then forward order to kitchen crazy days we live in now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am in Northern California - went to a dealer close to home (populated area so high volume). I took the test drive and they were annoying and had higher prices than dealer 25 miles away. They did not match the price so I drove to the other dealer that was 25 miles away after the test drive. The farther dealer was really nice (remote area - low volume region). They had a good price so I got my car right then.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
From what I read online, the more accommodating dealers are those in rural areas though I'm not sure if it's because they have a more laid back mindset or they're more willing to compromise to make a sale.

·
Registered
111 Posts
2 points:
1. Almost all dealers suck. From lies to pestering and completely ignorant phone calls (calls to come into look at a new car when you have informed them you already purchased a car). The only positive experience I've had was with fleet purchases which were all matter of fact and no phone harassment, and I lucked out with my Bolt purchase in getting a very good salesperson. Also, I must say that when I went into Tesla to test drive, they were also excellent although a bit aggressive in followup emails (but those are easily deleted).

2. Onstar pestering phone calls are ridiculous as I approach the end of the trial period. Probably have gotten 5 calls reminding me of the expiration and trying to explain benefits. I find it annoying when you share your phone number because of necessity and it gets misused by the company in an attempt to sell you product rather than for the original purpose of sharing. When I used to have ATT for my land line, they used their knowledge of my number to try and sell us more services. I can't remember exactly why OnStar needed my number or if the dealership shared the number with them.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can you block phone numbers on your landline? I know you can do it on your cellphone so those pesky salespeople won't be able to call you anymore.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think to block it from your landline you'd have to call your service provider and get them to do it from there. I think.. unless you have some pretty cool high tech phones at home perhaps. All of mine still have the turn dials ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Off topic - but since the subject of blocking phone calls has come up, I use https://www.nomorobo.com/ which is totally awesome and blocks 4-5 calls a day on my VOIP home phone via Comcast. It rings once when a spammer calls, checks it's data base and then intercepts the call. I'll give nomorobo a plug, because if you are unaware of it, you should give it a try (it's free, no spam). It's paid for by businesses which use it (such as Telecommunications companies) and we individual consumers get it for free. And, now back to our regularly scheduled program...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts