Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2021 Chevy Bolt LT on last June and renewed my car insurance policy on August with Geico. I think that my payments are fairly well for an ev car and my area.
But what will happen on the next renewal and this fire recall?
will this recall increase my policy on my next renewal.
Has anyone experienced this already?
Thanks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Insurance companies know exactly how much a thumb, arm, leg, etc. are worth so they probably already ran the numbers on the Bolt. Still a rare event but if more fires rack up it will change their equation. Or if your car does burn and it wasn't away from structures as GM says it should be, your claim may end up much differently. I actually trust GM more than an insurance company.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
We are already getting screwed, blued and tattooed on our Bolt insurance, way more than our ICE, "Because we don't have enough experience to know how to price EV repairs, we're using an abundance of caution." almost $300 a year just for collision.

jack vines

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got insurance on our two 2020 Bolts in April. Asked to double the insurance coverage today for at fault and it only went up ~$60/year for the increased coverage.

It doesn't look like it's increasing premiums yet. At least not for 2020+ models.

Fires versus cars sold is still a reasonably low percentage (other than early year 2019 models). These fires are no less damaging than a driver plowing into traffic and totalling multiple vehicles. It happens more often than we all care to admit.

That Maserati of course was probably statistically unanticipated though o_O

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering the same thing a week ago. I even called my company and asked them about that, even though usually I avoid contacting them because this makes me nervous.
The auto insurance company told me that I had nothing to be afraid of, and they will take care of it. I trust this company but still wanted to check.
It turns out that nobody knows the answer to this question yet, and we have just to wait and see what will happen. I hope we will not get scammed a lot during this change process. Otherwise, I will go to court and look for justice there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts