Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some opinions on this. I ordered my Bolt 14 weeks ago, my sales person sent me the build sheet so that I can have the VIN# to check for its arrival on their site. I noticed that the interior colour scheme not what I had asked for. This was confirmed by my sales person when I pointed it out to him. He suggests we see what actually shows up and assures me he will make sure I will be happy and satisfied by the time we finish the deal. So instead of really stressing out about it, I agreed to just wait and see what shows up since I expect it to be delivered within the week since it was shipped on May 10th. But I realize that I can't live with the interior being the wrong colour scheme that I ordered (otherwise what is the point of ordering a car if you get whatever they decide to send to you). I have to live with it for the next XX number of years as well.

Any thoughts on what the options are for me should the car that gets delivered not be what I ordered. Which since in the computer system the interior is wrong I can only assume that it's not what I ordered that is going to be showing up since it's only on paper that the order is correct and the plant doesn't see the paper copy of the order. Deep sigh, so frustrated and sad about noticing this. The only thing I can think of is either A) replace the seats, B) swap the one that is delivered for me with one from the US since Seattle has 6 vehicles that match my order on their lots right now. Does anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I say get what you ordered too! Now mine is supposedly coming June 6-16th according to the dealer. And I have the VIN #. Is there a Chevy website I can check myself to learn it's status?

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
Make them order another car exactly the way you want it. Then demand a significant discount for messing up. Either that, or except the car at huge discount. If they say no to either option, all you can do is move on to another dealer and leave a bad review with GM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I say get what you ordered too! Now mine is supposedly coming June 6-16th according to the dealer. And I have the VIN #. Is there a Chevy website I can check myself to learn it's status?
go to chevrolet.com and open up a chat with the online support. give them the order number and they can give you updates on the status.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Jerry. Chevy.com was able to give me a "4200" code and said my Bolt is in transit and any further updates have to come from the dealer. Sit and wait, I guess!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Just don't take delivery if it's really the wrong color. If your paper order says one color and what shows up is another, you're not obligated to take it home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your feedback it has helped sort through some pressing factors. In Canada, we can't order any more Bolts until next year as they have stopped supply any 2017 models to us in Ontario, Quebec, and BC. So that makes it even more frustrating for me - because I'm really screwed to a certain point. Now if my dealer in BC can do a car swap with one of the dealers in Seattle, WA where there are 6+ cars that match my order then I think it will be OK. But if for some reason CA and the USA can't do car swaps.... Well, I'm not sure how happy I'm going to be when the fault isn't mine - not even the sales person either, but the person who entered my order into GMs ordering system.

Apparently, my car is now in Vancouver and is waiting to be trailered to my dealer now so will keep everyone posted. I'm excited but worried at the same time!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Oh, that does change things if chevy won't produce another one to fix their the dealership's mistake. A whole year is a long time to wait unless you're very patient. I guess it's just best to give it a sit once it's in and see how you feel before trying to negotiate an even better deal.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sat in my car today at the dealer. So excited, but the seats are the dark galvanized grey not the two tone - dark galvanized grey/sky cool grey. Stated change the seats and I'm happy. Don't change the seats you will see how unhappy I am. Looking into the issue of who is going to be billed for this change since the dealer ordered my car correctly in workbench so not sure why it didn't come with the correct interior. Will be picking the car up on Sunday, June 11th once it's all done being cleaned and inspected. Dealer seems more than happy to change the seats, just need to figure out who pays for the labour and parts. Um, it's not going to be me that's for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So picked up my Bolt on Sunday (June 11th). The manager started giving me a hard time about the seats and who was supposed to look into it. Like it was something I was supposed to do!". OMG, I was getting so mad. So then the manager and my sales guy say "let's go look at the car". So I'm like fine, let's do that. Halfway to the car, I see the back seat head rests and see that they are not dark gray galvanized colour but is now sky cool gray colour!!!! I ran the rest of the way to the car and said: "you jerks, I was about to totally go ballistic on you two!!"

So, the dealer had the car for a week, in which they did their inspection, detail work, AND changed the seats to what I had ordered!!!

So impressed with this dealers service and customer care. Really went above and beyond with my order. AND I'm loving this car!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's a great dealer and with a sense of humor too, not something you can easily find these days. I'm sure your future maintenece visits, as few as they are, will be just as enjoyable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts