Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re considering getting the EUV, and want to get the premier trim with the perforated leather seats. I’m worried, however, about how they will hold up to having kids car seats installed - will the kids car seats tear the perforated leather? If so, is there a cover I can buy?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
We’re considering getting the EUV, and want to get the premier trim with the perforated leather seats. I’m worried, however, about how they will hold up to having kids car seats installed - will the kids car seats tear the perforated leather? If so, is there a cover I can buy?
We've used a specific type of protector on the Bolt. The leather has held up well with this contraption on. I can't find the link for the one we actually bought, but it works like this:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've used a specific type of protector on the Bolt. The leather has held up well with this contraption on. I can't find the link for the one we actually bought, but it works like this:

Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't know how they hold up--I only have 100 miles or so on my EUV premier. Plus I use sheepskins on the front seats I've had for several cars.
But I will say that the interior is largely leather, and about as nice as any car I've owned, which includes Porsches and BMWs.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The leather is of high quality and will wear for much longer than cloth. I can’t see a child seat doing damage unless something sharp on the seat could scratch, but that would damage cloth more also.

What I would be concerned about children doing damage to the interior is all the spills. But either seating material is going to suffer, and children spill. The only way to stop that is non-existing 🤔

·
Registered
2 Posts
We dont have a bolt but we have a minivan with kid seats. I put down a cotton towel under the car seats to protect the leather and any snack crumbs getting into the holes of the leather. Works fine. no need to throw money at something specific for the task.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts