Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2017 Bolt a year ago, and have never solved a minor mystery.

This is what I'm guessing is supposed to be the bottom/side connection for the cargo cover - it's on the side-back of the trunk. But the bottom loops of the cargo cover can't connect to anything here - or anywhere else that I can see. So it just flops around... Am I missing a part? The manual is not helpful (to me, anyway). Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought a used 2017 Bolt a year ago, and have never solved a minor mystery.
View attachment 35685
This is what I'm guessing is supposed to be the bottom/side connection for the cargo cover - it's on the side-back of the trunk. But the bottom loops of the cargo cover can't connect to anything here - or anywhere else that I can see. So it just flops around... Am I missing a part? The manual is not helpful (to me, anyway). Thanks!
The ring behind the top of the rear seat should have a vertical peg at its center. 533A7FAE-6C27-41A1-B59E-FF0B69B95E0A.jpeg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Toyotiac, your picture was helpful. That's what I took my picture of - there's no ring, not on either side. I'm guessing they got pulled or knocked out at some point? Clearly I am missing this part, and I guess will have to ask my Chevy dealership to do the repair.

Anyone else have this happen? I didn't see this on a forum search, but could easily have missed it.

·
Registered
9,227 Posts
Thanks, Toyotiac, your picture was helpful. That's what I took my picture of - there's no ring, not on either side. I'm guessing they got pulled or knocked out at some point? Clearly I am missing this part, and I guess will have to ask my Chevy dealership to do the repair.

Anyone else have this happen? I didn't see this on a forum search, but could easily have missed it.

Good luck getting them. I don't believe GM sells them. Somebody in this thread 3D prints them.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,282 Posts
Mine fell out on a '17 Premiere pretty much any time the cargo cover was removed. I had some black silicone caulking lying around, so I removed them both and put a dab of caulk under them. Problem solved. I need to do the same for our new '21. I suspect that most types of caulk would work, and would allow for removal with a little force, in the future.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Good luck getting them. I don't believe GM sells them.
Post #7 in that thread gives the GM part number for the hook. I was able to order that part through the parts department at my local GM dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts